Hi, I’m taking Ibuprofen, pain killer which is sold without prescription. But, I heard that it’s can damage liver. Since, I’m hepatitis C infected, I don’t want anymore damage to my liver. Is Ultram/Tramadol safe for liver?

Ibuprofen belongs to group of analgesics called NSAIL (non-steroid- anti-inflammatory drugs), whose influence on the liver is harmful. Especially, because you need to take it for a long period of time. You should stop taking it. Ultram/Tramadol is a better solution for you. It’s a non-narcotic analgesic, very effective in pain treatment and is intended for management of moderate to severe pain when a continuous, around-the-clock analgesic is needed for an extended period of time.
It has no undesired effect on the liver. Possible side effects include: dry mouth, constipation, nausea, dizziness, headache, drowsiness, and vomiting.
I was told to take it twice a day. I find it suitable for my pain treatment. You should discuss with you doctor about Tramadol, besides you need a prescription anyway.

Safer than most

my doctor refuses to prescribe me any medications because i have hep c i just had shots in my back but he did them too far apart so its not helping in the middle of my back where my herinated and buldging disk is...please help