Hi, I have increased level of cholesterol, and doctor suggested me to change diet first. If this doesn’t give satisfying results, I will be prescribed to some medications. Which medications are used to lower cholesterol level?

Hi, you can improve health of blood vessels greatly by regulating intake of fats and carbohydrates. It is advisable to maintain a healthy weight, get on a regular exercise program, and stop smoking. Most often used are statin which can help lower cholesterol, but also produce serious side effects. So, you should consult with your doctor if serious reaction occurs. With statin drugs Mevacor, Lescol, Pravachol, Zocor, Lipitor, you should also take Co-Enzyme Q-10 as a supplement, because it is depleted by taking statins. Other drugs used for high cholesterol level are: bile acid sequestrates, nicotinic acid or niacin and fibrates.