Apprentice

Hey guys. Listen, I have an issue with cholesterol because it seems that it is elevated and the question I have is what are the best drugs which can lower your cholesterol? I did some research on my own but I can't seem to find anything useful so any comments or experiences related to this topic are welcome. I have heard somewhere that it can be treated with diet and vitamins, also with some kinds of exercise but I am not sure about any of this so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I'd like to know if there is any difference for those who had heart attack and for those who hadn't

Hey there. Well, today, cholesterol is kind of world wide spread condition and there are many substances and drugs which can prevent your cholesterol from elevating. And yes, there is a difference between those who had suffered from a heart attack and those who haven't. And the difference is that those who haven't had heart attack should be able to lower cholesterol naturally without using drugs at all, I think. If you haven't suffered heart attack, you are still able to regulate your diet, or even workout and drink vitamins which can reduce cholesterol in your blood. Also, you can ask about various herbs and medicines.

Hello guys. I am very interested in this topic for one reason. My mother seems to have the same issue with her cholesterol, because she had been to the doctor's yesterday and he told her that she needs to take care of herself and change her diet, make other diet plans as well as do some cardio exercise. Also, he told her that she should consume some statin drugs and I am not very well informed about these drugs so any help would be appreciated btw. From what I've heard, vitamins are good for cholesterol regulation but if you overly use it, they can just make things worse.

Well, after reading about cholesterol and issues everybody has had, I did some research on it and was able to find some sorts of drugs that are able to help you in reducing your cholesterol. 

According to some sources, the best substance is statin drugs. These statin drugs include drugs named Lipitor, Lescol, Lovastatin, Livalo, Crestor, Zocor and others. But, with these drugs, you can get various side effects. For example, Zocor makes your legs cramp at night, and that can't be pleasant at all. So, you should watch out which ones are you going to take and hope you don't get side effects.

Can anyone tell us further about these drugs and their appliance? I haven't heard of them very much and would like to know if they really help in this case because I really need to solve this issue and figure out how to help my dad. I was wandering about the cost of these drugs and if they are too expensive. I am aware that it is very possible to have side effects and I have read about them, but I hope that it's not too much of a pain because my dad's condition is getting worse by the minute.

Hey everyone, 

I'd like to ask you if you have had any earlier experience with cholesterol reduction. Recently I spoke with my friend about this issue because he is into it and for quite some time now. Nevertheless, he told me that there are statin drugs now which aren't expensive at all, as he said. I did not ask him for the price though. The guy above us wrote us the statin drugs and I am not sure if they are avilable everywhere. In fact, I think that these drugs are mainly available only in the USA, but you should see for yourself.

As far as  am concerned, the best thing is to reduce your diet and workout as much as you can. I would recommend you to workout as much as you can because that is the most natural way of reducing your cholesterol, and also the healthiest. But, this is only applied if you haven't had a heart attack or you don't have heart issues. So, be careful about that. There is a wide options of vitamins which can be used in reducing your cholesterol level so I would suggest you to try that option as well as diet and exercise.

Guys, what are your opinions on these statin drugs and could you tell me could they be mixed with something and just make things worse than they already are? I have heard a great deal about mixing statin drugs and some usual ordinary substances and I admit that I am a bit worried about this because I can take some of them without being aware. It would be really bad for me to slow my therapy and cancel all the progress I have made so far by just eating something I shouldn't mix with my medications and drugs. Thanks in advance

Hey MikeLooney30,  I will have to disappoint you and say that there are certain substances and foods which shouldn't be used together with statin drugs. For example, if you are using Lipitor, which is also called atorvastatin, than you shouldn't mess around with oranges. And, it's not oranges only, it is also the entire sort of those fruits, for example lemons, tangerines, limes and such. Eating citrus fruits along with your prescribed Lipitor dosage can increase the amount of Lipitor in your blood more than you would expect and therefore possibly cause you quite a damage, where you'll eventually end up getting worse.