IF A PERSON USES THIS DRUG FOR OVER FIVE YEARS CAN THIS DRUG CAUSE DIABETES,AND ALSO CAUSE MENSTRUAL PROMBLEMS? THE DOSE I AM TAKING IS 25MG A DAY.

Well, it seems that it can. I myself have always had problems with my menstrual cycle and when I started hydrocholorot they only became worse. I did some reaserch on my own to see if the drug has influenced my period and apparently it has. Now, I don’t know if it can cause menstrual problem but it can certainly make them worse.
However, the drug worked very well in controlling my high blood pressure.
During my research I ran into many interesting stuff about hydroclorot and other diuretics and it seems that hydrocholot and drugs similar to it make people prone to developing diabetes.
I was reading a discussion about hydrochlorothiazide and diabetes between some doctors and scientists and they said that there is a higher incidence of developing diabetes with these diuretics then for example ACE inhibitors.
They came to the conclusions after many tests and trials. It appears that diuretics push the glucose distribution up and cause diabetes. Now, the problems with these studies is that they did not last that long, so that the researchers could notice diabetes complications because they appear a lot later, usually later then the length of these trials. Once the diabetes is diagnosed, people seemed to have it for a long time.
ACE inhibitors (drugs also used in controlling hypertension) on the other hand, protect from developing diabetes and if used in combination of diuretics, it could prevent diabetes and stop diuretics’ negative effects.