Could the pain and stiffness of hands and feet in the morning and after prolonged use during the day be a result of prolonged use of hydrochlorot for 7 years?

Hydrochlorat (also known as Hydrochlorothiazide, or abbreviated as HCTZ) is a diuretic that is used to lower high blood pressure, which in turn prevents stroke, heart attack, and kidney problems.
HCTZ causes your body to get rid of excess salt and water. (this increases the amount of urine you make). It will reduce excess fluid in the body (edema) caused by conditions such as congestive heart failure, liver disease, and kidney disease. It will also reduce water in the lungs so you can breathe easier. As well as decreasing swelling of the arms, legs, stomach.

Before getting into side effects, remember that most side effects occur only in a very select few people.

In this case though, of course, more frequent urination will occur with everyone. It is best to take in the morning, thus preventing having to wake to urinate.

Other than that, dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, blurred vision, loss of appetite, stomach upset, diarrhea or constipation may occur as your body adjusts to the medication. You may also experience decreased sexual ability or increases sensitivity to the sun.
This medication may also cause a loss of too much body water and salt/minerals. Tell your doctor immediately if any of these unlikely symptoms of dehydration occur: very dry mouth, thirst, muscle cramps, fast/irregular heart beat, nausea, vomiting, severe dizziness, unusual drowsiness, unusual decrease in the amount of urine, fainting, confusion, seizures.
Tell your doctor immediately if any of these symptoms occur:
numbness/tingling of the arms/legs, joint pain. Signs of infection, easy bruising, persistant nausea/vomiting, unusual/persistant tiredness, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine.
Symptoms of an allergic reaction include rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, trouble breathing.

If you are diabetic, HCTZ may affect your regular blood sugar levels causing a need for your anti-diabetic medication to be adjusted.
HCTZ may reduce the level of potassium in your blood. Ask you doctor about increasing the amount of potassium in your diet (e.g bananas, orange juice), or about using a salt substitute containing potassium.
HCTZ may cause sensitivity to the sun. Avoid prolonged sun exposure, tanning booths and sunlamps. Use a sunscreen and wear protective clothing when outdoors.
Limit accoholic beverage intake.
To reduce risk of dizziness and lightheadness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying down position.
Drink plenty of fluids.

Please, please remember, the odds of experiencing these sides effects are very, very slim. Remeber, your doctor prescribed this medication because the benefits out weigh the risks. DO NOT, do not, let this overwhelming list of side effects (which, lets face it, all medications have) scare you.

I have the exact same problem and I have been on HCTZ for 8 years. I have found that if I keep my water intake high and my sodium intake low, the problem occurs much less frequently. My hands and feet get so painful! They burn and itch during the flare ups. My hands go stiff as a board while I am sleeping and it takes me up to 3 hours to get them to make a fist after I wake up. It is disabling!

I used this medication for years and developed gout (uric acid build up in the joints of the body), particularly in my ankles. Once I stopped taking the drug, all symptoms disappeared and have not returned for the last 3 years. It was so severe, that I could not stand on my feet for several weeks. Always check the side effects of any medications you are taking.