My father suffers from heart problems and his doctor prescribed him a drug called hydrochlorot. Can you tell me what exactly this drug is used for and if there are some side effects he could experience! Thank you

Hydrochlorot is used to treat high blood pressure and fluid retention caused by various conditions, including heart disease. It causes the kidneys to get rid of unneeded water and salt from the body into the urine. This drug does not cure high blood pressure, it only controls it, so make sure your father doesn’t stop taking it even if he starts to feel better. He may experience frequent urination for the first few weeks. Some of the symptoms that may appear are: muscle weakness, dizziness, cramps, thirst, stomach pain, upset stomach, vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite, headache and hair loss. If they persist, you should call his doctor.