I have been dealing with ulcerative colitis for almost a year. I guess I am paying now for all those junk food I have been eating ever since I was a teenager. I have tried several medicaments and some of them really helped, but not entirely. Because of that I have started with mesalamine, but it seems that I am hypersensitive to that type of drugs. What are the possible side effects of this drug?

Mesalamine belongs to anti inflammatory drugs and its function is based on preventing the production of chemicals that cause inflammation and pain too. Even though it is effective, it also has some negative effects. You have to know that most of the ant inflammatory drugs do have side effects but there are some that have some additional substances in their structure that ensure that people that use them do not have stomach problems as side effects.