What is the best dosage in urgent hypertension attack? I suffer from high blood pressure and take ACEI. I check my blood pressure every day, and sometimes my systolic pressure is over 130mmHg. I don’t feel any caution symptoms. I am interested in hypertension urgencies medication dosage, because I am afraid that I want to be prepared.

Hypertensive emergencies are treated parenterally. ACE inhibitors are very good in urgent situations. Captopril 25mg, repeated as needed works in 15-30 minutes. Clonidine, labetalol and prazosine are not that rapidly effective. Sodium nitropruside is extremely rapid, within seconds. Hypertension urgencies medication dosage forms that you can take p.o. are never as effective as parenteral treatment is. If you have retard form of drug, break it before you take it, for faster absorbtion.