where should i start? I used to smoke everyday since the last summer and then i stopped for awhile and now i cut down and do it here and there. Before i used to get anxiety off of it and i was depressed. I saw a shrink and he put me on celexa didnt like the side effects so i stopped and then he put me on remeron and im also perscribed to .5mg of xanax also. the doc increased my dosage of remeron from 15mg to 30mg. Ive been taking atleast 1-2 xanax a day when i feel really anxious i also have acess to the xananx bars which i take once in awhile to make me really relaxed. well last night i smoked with some friends at about 11 o clock at. i ate once that day and it was at lunch time thats it i also didnt get alot of sleep maybe 5-6 hours. i had also took a bar that day thats it and that was at 730 am. Well that night when i smoked about 20 min after i smoked i was laughing my ass off with my friends doin stupid sh*t u kno cracking jokes etc.. then all of the sudden my heart started pounding and i got this intense fear that cover my entire body. i kept thinking i was having a heart attack and i was really scared and kept thinking about dieing. it happend a few nights ago too even worse tho. my hands and face were numb and i was confused and i kept trembling. i wanted to go to the hospital but i took 2 of my xanax and i was fine about 20 min later. could this be cause from the remeron? let me know please

You described the symptoms of a panic attack.

I had one tonight. I was scared that I had a brain tumor, heart attack, or stroke.

My lips and hands went numb, i felt breathless, and I felt a numbing heat wave bringing me to death.

Further research should be conducted to find out whether marijuana causes panic attacks.

I smoke every weekend with my brother. Last night i expierenced a nightmare. I only took two puffs off some weed we had. I felt very high and it was getting more intense. I started to become confused and overwelmed. My heart started pounding so fast. I told my brother that something was wrong with me. A fear of something bad happening took over my entire body and minid. I kept telling him that something bad was going to happen. I really beleived i was dying. My brother did everything to calm me down, but nothing helped. It got so bad , i started crying. I never cry. i said i might go to the hospital if this feeling does not go away. After an hour of this intense feeling, he told me to take a xanax that someone gave him. I took it and 30 minutes later , my heartrate started to go back to normal. I have never been so scared in all my life. EVER!. I read today that i had a panic attack. I thought panic attacks were just feelings of axiety, but it was much more than that, i really thought i was going to die or that something bad was going to happen. it lasted for 2 hours. when i woke up this morning i was SO HAPPY that was over.

the same thing happened to me also. I had a panic attack after several months of smoking and being fine. Later I had shortness of breath and couldn't sleep and I told my parents and they took me to the doctor. Since then I've been taking Remeron and Im not sure if smoking weed with it would have bad side affects or not. Does anyone know??

they don't mix. Even if you aren't taking antidepressants, pot is a really bad idea if you are pre-disposed to panic attacks.

Stay away from that stuff, it will make things worse when you are trying to get better.

And yes I speak from experience.

To the guest above, I am glad to hear that you are speaking from experience on that. I have posted on this topic before but it seems that a lot of people still think that marijuana is a miracle drug that doesn't have drug interactions or that isn't for everyone, and I'm glad to hear that you can support that it's just a drug like anything else and it can be abused and misused.

been there done that with paxil............starting the other sh*t in a week or so

My best advice is dont smoke herb when taking depression meds

I also speak from BAD EXPIERIENCES!!

Weed and depression meds dont mix........also speak from expierience.

if you want to feel like sh*t in a few months of smoking and ur meds.....go for it :/

So Im taking remeron and seroquil. I smoke maybe twice a week for a month or two. Ive noticed I'm easily irritated when i don't smoke. Ive had 2 bad panic attacks in my time smoking (if you count the times ive smoked altogether, probably a bowl a day for 15 days), and the next day i was fine... But you can learn to relax with it... Im just stating facts that has happened to me. Hopefully this helps. A question to some of the previous guests... what has your bad experiences been?

I actually came to this thread after searching for instances of people having panic attacks when smoking marijuana while being on Remeron. I smoked weed for years and loved it. It was the best social lubricant for someone like me with social anxiety and it was great for helping me relax after a long day, and get some sleep.

However after I started taking Remeron, whenever I would smoke I would have THE WORST panic attacks. I felt all the classic symptoms: Heart racing, auditory hallucinations, feeling of impending doom, detachment.

I thought maybe it was just a one-off thing the first time, so I tried smoking several times after that while still on a daily dose of Remeron and every time I had a terrible panic attack that only ended when I came down, sometimes lasting an hour and a half or longer.

I stopped taking Remeron about two months ago, but now every time I think about smoking weed I get the shakes. I'm not even sure if I can smoke it without being on Remeron without having a panic attack, now.

I'm also wondering if smoking indica rather than sativa would work better, since sativa usually makes you "high" while indica has a sedating effect.

I have been on mitazapine 45mg for about 2 years (they want me to take 60mg). My doctor initially informed me that this is a good medication for long term marijuana users who have quit and have depression and/or anxiety.

I smoke marijuana with mirtazapine and, yes, if I have to much I get, the symptoms of a panic attack, and I ride it out (about half an hour for me), its not pleasant mind you. The symptoms are similar to Serotonin_syndrome and hypertensive crisis, the worst was marijuana and Zoloft, I called for an ambulance, I never want to feel like that again.( I quit marijuana after that for 2 years)

As an ambulance officer once told me, after a separate incident, upon me telling him what I was on (I was on Effexor, extacy, speed, alcohol, and marijuana at the time), his reply was ¨do you have a death wish¨, after many years on countless medications, I have found what I can and cant tolerate.

I dont mind the side effects of mirtazapine, mostly coloured visuals when you close your eyes at night (these go away after a short while) , vivid dreams most are pleasant, occasionally a bad one and a tendency to sleep more.
I did noticed once that after 4 days of forgetting to take my tablet that i got what felt like electric shocks in my head (my doctor warned me about it), but havent had any more since, an i only need a tablet every other day.

This medication has help me a lot, I was along term drug abuser and it has help me to the point, I feel I can recommend it, it has been effective in reducing my anxiety, and depression, and I feel like I have my life back, Im in control, but everyone is different and this may not be the solution for you

I recommend that you take caution, with any anti-depressants that may be prescribed to you, and especially in conjunction with marijuana.

Peace.
(yes, you can find it)

I actually had to quit smoking weed, coz no matter how much I smoked, every single time I got the worst panic attacks ever!

Sir, I am also on remeron 15mgs and I had the SAME EXACT expirience..... I am still looking and researching this. I in fact went to the ER BP 202/102 Heart beat was 150. SCARRRRRY.

So I am 27 years old, and I have smoked weed since I was 12, yes I know young age to start. However I have NEVER and I mean NEVER had a bad experience from Marijuana, UNTIL I started to take Remeron, I was on 15mg and was not liking it, so I am on a very low dose of 7.5mg just to help sleep. However no matter what time of day even if it is long after I wake up if I smoke, I start to have panic attacks, I have been having them for 2 weeks now and personally I would rather quit the Remeron then quit the weed, as remeron gives me a terrible hang-over feeling through the whole day and just over all do not think it is a good drug for me to take. First time in my life ever having problems with panic attacks! Have been in the hospital 2 times for them now!With that being said,  keep in mind every individual responds differently to things, I have heard of Remeron working very well for other people. I hope this helps!

Mirtazapine dis-inhibits the release of dopamine and other neurotransmitters, ergo, it's easier for your synapses to become flooded and overwhelmed with neurotransmitters. Even coffee can cause panic while on mirtazapine (remron).