Hey guys

I'm a 15 year old male.

Anyways, this is a bit of an odd question.. but I'm a bit concerned about it.

I started masturbating when I was around 11 years old, however I did not 'jerk off' like everyone else has. What I did was lie on my belly on a bed and put my hands under my penis and just push my penis with my palms. I did this while I wasn't erected. The problem is that I hear when guys masturbate, they jerk off. So I tried when I had an errection, to 'jerk off' by placing my hand on my erect penis and going 'up' and 'down'...however..I don't get any stimulation while doing this.. am I doing something wrong or have I been so accustomed to my other way of masturbating that I can't get pleasure from jerking off? This leaves me a bit concerned because when the time comes for me to have sex, I'm afraid I'll have some issues...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you for reading!

It's understandable why you might be concerned.  But relax.  The human mind and body can be trained... and retrained.

It sounds like you conditioned yourself to respond to one type of stimulation...and you may find that prefer that type of stimulation over what you assume other people are doing.

As you get older, you are likely to try other things...and someday, probably have sex with a partner.

Contrary to what everyone assumes, the first time having sex with a partner is never all roses, music and perfection....  in fact, the human being must be trained to do it and what to expect and enjoy.

There's plenty of time for you to learn new behaviors when you get to that point.

For now, you might want to try self-stimulating yourself in other ways, or perhaps not as frequently, so that you are more likely to respond to other forms of stimuli.

But as I said at first, don't worry much about this.  You have plenty of time to grow and change.   Do what feels good for yourself.  If you respond, great.

The way you are describing is just a form of dry humping. If that it is more comfortable to you then stick with what you know. However, it wouldn't be bad thing to learn a new form stimulation.

Jerking off and masturbation are somewhat in the same thing. Although, dry humping can be seen as a form of masturbation.

Did you ever reach orgasm or become hard when you were on your stomach?

You are not going to get instant satisfaction from masturbating with your hands. It may take some time (in the long run) to get used to it. It also can take a few minutes or longer before you reach orgasm. It may help you if you are turned on by the thought of sex or images portraying sex. Like Kevin B said. It may take time to retrain your brain.

Good Luck

First, stop masterbating your usual way. You're conditioning yourself to feel pleasure by this method. Secondly, you need to get yourself excited (movies, porn, etc) and while watching, use your hand to "feel" yourself. Your objective is to associate sexual arousal with your hand. Don't cum, though. Thirdly, keep doing this for a couple of weeks. You want to be so turned on that just by using your hand and jering off you'll have an orgasm or, at least, cum. You ay have to do this longer. However, at your age you should be quite turned on after this. Good luck

Thanks for the reply guys, but I haven't really been able to switch habits. I have reached orgasm via my way.. just reskimming everything again though, I would have to 'train' myself for sex anyways correct? Also, sexual imagines doesn't really turn me on... I'm straight and have tried thinking gay to see if I was gay to see if I was gay or w.e, nothing. I can see a swim suit model and just not get hard... I find it very hard for me to get turned on, I think I have a lower sex drive than other people...or maybe it's a puberty thing?

hello my frriend i am same here i got these problem too and im now 16 yrs old i cant cum if u can add me pelase tell ill add u ?? do u can do it now????

Dude same with me i lie on my belly push my hands down and dry hump and i do cum but when i jerk off i wont cum i feel like my penis is becoming smaller from this method anyone help

i can't sperm?

i just found this post and i'll admit,  im in my 30s and i masterbate like you do, and i've never been able to jerk off like other guys.   I did it ONCE, and i've never been able to do it again

Hi arider322:

If you don't have a foreskin, then you need to use lubrication.

Masturbation provides for the need to ejaculate semen, is safe, healthy, pleasant, fun, harmless, contributes to prostate health, relieves sexual tension and pain from overfilled seminal vesicles. Masturbation aids sleep when done before bedtime. Frequent masturbation prevents wet dreams. Masturbation leaves one with a feeling of relaxation, contentment, and well-being.

Masturbation should be done in a place where one has privacy. There is no lower or upper age limit for masturbation. Some pre-school boys masturbate and some elderly people masturbate at least into their seventies.

One may masturbate as much or as little as one wishes, however one may experience temporary sexual exhaustion due to very frequent masturbation.

The movable, internally-lubricated, nerve-laden erogenous foreskin and its gliding action is an important aid to masturbation.

Circumcision was introduced to unforeskin the penis and make it impossible to masturbate. It failed to stop masturbation but it made it harder to do and perhaps less enjoyable.

How one does it depends on whether one has an internally lubricated movable foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or whether you have been unforeskinned.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is glide your foreskin back and forth. It is not necessary to retract the foreskin. The foreskin is internally lubricated with lymphatic fluid and glides without friction. The numerous nerves inside the foreskin are stimulated by the motion and generate pleasurable sensations. Foreskinned males must be careful not to tear the frenulum.

Long and vigorous masturbation can cause the foreskin to become edematous and swollen, which is painless and not a cause for alarm. The edema usually goes down within about 24 hours. Pulling back too hard is apt to stretch the frenulum and may tear it.

If you are unforeskinned and the skin is taut and immovable, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Friction irritation is common when a male without foreskin masturbates without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva.

It is common for an unforeskinned male, who has been deprived of his internally lubricated foreskin, to have irritation if he does not apply external lubricant.

After a male ejaculates, there is normally a “refractory period” before he can have sex again.

There are many myths about masturbation, which simply are not true.

Masturbation does NOT shorten your life.
Masturbation does NOT cause insanity.
Masturbation does NOT affect your brain cells.
Masturbation does NOT cause memory loss.
Masturbation does NOT cause you to go blind.
Masturbation does NOT cause eye problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause eye blink.
Masturbation does NOT cause blurred vision.
Masturbation does NOT cause eye floaters.
Masturbation does NOT cause sleeplessness.
Masturbation does NOT cause hair to grow in your palms.
Masturbation does NOT cause hair loss.
Masturbation does NOT change hair color.
Masturbation does NOT cause graying of the hair.
Masturbation does NOT change skin color.
Masturbation does NOT cause baldness.
Masturbation does NOT cause old look.
Masturbation does NOT cause erectile dysfunction (ED).
Masturbation does NOT cause impotence.
Masturbation does NOT make your sperm run out.
Masturbation does NOT prevent fathering children.
Masturbation does NOT slow down puberty.
Masturbation dose NOT affect completing puberty.
Masturbation does NOT stunt your growth.
Masturbation does NOT make you skinny.
Masturbation does NOT suck out the nutrients.
Masturbation does NOT lower your testosterone.
Masturbation does NOT raise your testosterone.
Masturbation does NOT cause gynecomastia.
Masturbation does NOT cause pain in the testes.
Masturbation does NOT cause premature ejaculation.
Masturbation does NOT affect height.
Masturbation does NOT cause penile curvature.
Masturbation does NOT affect penis size.
Masturbation does NOT decrease stamina.
Masturbation does NOT cause knee pains.
Masturbation does NOT cause knee problems.
Masturbation does NOT stop muscle growth.
Masturbation does NOT cause muscle weakness.
Masturbation does NOT reduce muscle mass.
Masturbation does NOT cause hernia.
Masturbation does NOT affect the physical appearance.
Masturbation does NOT cause penis bumps.
Masturbation does NOT cause warts.
Masturbation does NOT cause weight gain.
Masturbation does NOT cause weight loss.
Masturbation does NOT cause pimples.
Masturbation does NOT cause acne.
Masturbation does NOT cause wrinkles on your face.
Masturbation does NOT cause loss of blood.
Masturbation does NOT cause blood to flow from the urethra.
Masturbation does NOT cause your body to smell like a fish.
Masturbation does NOT make your bones softer.
Masturbation does NOT slow the growth of your penis.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis weak.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis larger.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis smaller.
Masturbation does NOT make your penis wrinkly.
Masturbation does NOT cause skin wrinkles.
Masturbation does NOT cause bent penis.
Masturbation does NOT release hormones.
Masturbation does NOT make you sexually weak.
Masturbation does NOT cause infertility.
Masturbation does NOT make sex less enjoyable.
Masturbation does NOT cause nerve problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause memory problems.
Masturbation does NOT cause cancer.
Masturbation does NOT cause back pain.
Masturbation does NOT cause stomachache.
Masturbation does NOT cause body aches.
Masturbation does NOT cause headache.
Masturbation does NOT cause muscle loss.
Masturbation does NOT harm the pelvic floor muscles.
Masturbation does NOT make your body weak.
Masturbation does NOT affect stamina.
Masturbation does NOT make you thin and skinny.
Masturbation does NOT harm the kidneys.
Masturbation does NOT cause prostate cancer.
Masturbation does NOT cause psoriasis.
Masturbation does NOT cause hair fall.
Masturbation does NOT cause cancer.
Masturbation does NOT cause infection.
Masturbation does NOT cause death.

Omg. All my life I thought I was alone. I thought nobody else masterbated like me.

Actually, it is fairly common.

You do realize cumming and orgasming are the same thing right?

literally have the exact same problem. not sure how to tell it to someone if I want to be sexually involved with them

Hi Kevin B.:

Many young guys who are just starting puberty find that when they masturbate, from which they derive intense pleasure, they have an orgasm but nothing comes out of their penis (no ejaculation). This is called a dry orgasm.

One has to be in puberty a year or longer before semen production starts, so there is nothing to ejaculate. Although the muscle contractions to produce an ejaculation occur, there is no semen to ejaculate because semen production has not yet started.

When semen production does start, there will be only a few drops at first. It usually is clear instead of milky-colored. The quantity increases later and the color changes to milky white.

Just enjoy your dry orgasms while you wait. You will see some semen come out eventually.