Ever since I was younger, I would masturbate by lying down on a bed (or on the floor). I would put my penis between my legs then squeeze my penis and add as much force as possible. At the time, I didn't know what masturbation was and I thought what I was doing was a bad habit. Until 14 years old, I started to ejaculate to that method but now I am worried because I want to masturbate normally. My girlfriend wants to have sex but I'm scared that it wouldn't give me any pleasure or it won't make me ejaculate. What do I do? PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Asxesdott,

There is no "right or wrong" way to masturbate.  If you find pleasure in it then you are NORMAL.  You won't know what happens with your girlfriend until you try.  Lots of guys can't ejaculate their first time(s) due to anxiety.

Go ahead and masturbate the traditional way.

Hope it helps.  Use protection!

Good luck.

Why don't you try masturbating in whatever way you call normal and see how it works? Have your girlfriend do it to you in whatever way she wants to and see what happens. I doubt your penis can resist her touch.

Masturbation is necessary to satisfy the ongoing male physical need to discharge semen to prevent and relieve pain from overfilled seminal vesicles. Frequent masturbation prevents wet dreams. Regular ejaculation is associated with better prostate health. Masturbation is a great stress reliever.

Masturbation is relaxing, pleasant, enjoyable, harmless, healthy, normal, and contributes to restful sleep if done before going to bed.

One may masturbate as much or as little as one wishes. There is an amount of time (called the refractory period) that one must wait before doing it again. Some teens find they need to do it three times a day. You may do it again whenever you feel ready.

One may do it in any place where one has privacy. There is no upper or lower age limit for masturbation.

In bed at night, on the toilet, or in the shower are some favorite places to masturbate.

The internally-lubricated movable nerve-laden, erogenous foreskin and its gliding action is an important aid to masturbation.

Circumcision was introduced into medical practice in the 19th century to unforeskin the penis and make it impossible to masturbate. It did not stop masturbation but it made it harder to do and perhaps less enjoyable.

How one does it depends on whether one has an internally lubricated movable foreskin that glides up and down the shaft or whether you have been unforeskinned.

If you are foreskinned, then all you need to do is glide your foreskin back and forth. The foreskin is internally lubricated with lymphatic fluid and glides without friction. The outer foreskin glides over the inner foreskin. It is not necessary or desirable to retract the foreskin. Foreskinned guys normally do not require additional lubrication. The numerous nerves inside the foreskin are stimulated by the motion and generate pleasurable sensations.

Long and vigorous masturbation can cause the foreskin to become edematous and swollen, which is painless and not a cause for alarm. The edema usually goes down within about 24 hours. Pulling back too hard is apt to stretch the frenulum and may tear it.

If you are unforeskinned and the skin is taut and immovable, then you will need some lubrication and you need to slide your hand up and down the shaft. You will likely injure yourself without lubricant. Friction burns are common when a male without foreskin masturbates without lubricant. Some lubricants are baby oil, vegetable oil, personal lubricant, soapy water, and saliva. Products containing harsh, irritating chemicals should not be used. Shampoo and body wash have been found to be irritating.

It is common for an unforeskinned male, who has been deprived of his internally lubricated foreskin, to have friction irritation if
he does not apply external lubricant.