Have been on Birth control for approximately 10 years and I have been on estarylla birth control for about 8 months and my periods have been crazy.  I have a lot of break through bleeding and My period will last for week and a half.  I will have a very heavy period one month and the next month have pretty much nothing (this has happened twice).  Is this normal.  I know I am not pregnant took a test and plus take the pill aproximately the same time everyday.  Should I have any concerns?? My doctor's nurse told me this is normal due to hormonal changes at anytime.  Does anyone have this issue.

Thanks

Julie

I don't know if this is still going on with you, but I too have been on Estarylla for about 7 months now and the breakthrough bleeding has been crazy! I've had breakthrough bleeding for about 4 out of the 7 months and my periods are never "regular". I get them during the placebo week but they're always different. Not to mention I have random breast tenderness and cramping and have had this issue on and off since I started Estarylla. I'm going to my Dr tomorrow to make sure I am not pregnant (I am incredibly doubtful considering I take it at the same time every day and always use backup) and to discuss a new brand or type because I can't stand the bleeding anymore. Let me know if it cleared up for you! But know you're not alone! 

My first period after taking the pill was super light.. Which I can't be pregnant. What could this mean? Could it be something serious or should I not worry about this because it's normal

I have been on this pill for a few months and I get breakthrough bleeding a week or 2 before the placebo pills and it is hell.....switching to a different pill very soon but so annoying.