I've been on Alesse for a year now. In my first three months I had breakthrough bleeding starting in week 3, but it tapered of, and basically went away (a few months I had a bit of light spotting around week 2). Three cycles ago, I had breakthrough bleeding in week 2, which continued for the rest of my cycle (and this was not spotting, but rather flow like a regular period). Two cycles ago, everything was normal, so I just assumed that I must have had some weird hormone flux the month before. But now this cycle, it's happening again- week two and I'm bleeding like crazy.

I'm pretty sure I need to switch pills, but I'm not sure what to try- I've been on Ortho Trycylcene and Ortho Cyclene and had breakthrough bleeding on both. And, I tried Jasmin, but the mood swings were way too much to bear...

Does anyone have any advice for me? I want to stay on the pill, but at this point, I'm starting to think that my body is going to reject any version of it...

Thanks!

did you ever find anything that worked? It sounds like my situation exactly

Have you considered the Implanon. It is affective and you don't have to take pills everyday. just a piece of plastic about the size of a match stick in your arm. Lasts up to three years too.