I have been on birth control for about 5 months. I originally started on a form of YAZ, and it made me consistently bleed for two months. So I switched almost 3 months ago (as soon as I finished the last pill of that pack I started a new pill without any break), and I am still taking the pill same time everyday. Since I began this pill I haven't really had my period...just some minor spotting, however my husband and I have been having unprotected sex. In my pill pack I have 2 placebo pills at the end of each month; since I hardly have a period we have continued to have sex even through these white pills. This last month I have been feeling odd, nausea, abnormal bloating, temperamental issues, frequent urination, super breast tenderness/swelling, and my eating habits have gone off the deep end. I'm curious as to if there is any chance I am pregnant? I took a pregnancy test at the beginning of the month last month (due to my almost non-existent period) and it came up negative. My husband and I are still working on or careers, hes in college as am I; a baby wouldn't be an issue. I am just curious if we should or shouldn't have sex on those 'fake' pills? Also is it normal not to have a period (I went from a 7 day period to this, I'm not complaining) but should I switch pills again?

What are you experiencing is completely expected effect of birth control pills, especially if you have only two placebo pills each month which means that the type of the birth control you are on now is designed to have just this effect - having light or even not having periods at all. All birth control pills stop your ovulation and that is why they can completely change your menstrual cycle. When you don't ovulate - and you wont be ovulating if you are taking your BC pills regularly, no matter what type of the pill you take, there is no fertile eggs released so there is no chance of pregnancy. And it makes no difference whatsoever if you are on the placebo pills, if you have taken the rest of the pack as you were supposed to.