I've been on birth control for over a year now, and last night I realized I forgot to take 2 pills, so I took 3 including the one I was supposed to take that night. Now I'm bleeding and I have the same cramps I would normally get during my period. What does this mean? Am I having my period now? And am I going to have it again during the week of placebo pills?

I am experiencing the same thing and wondering the same thing. I feel like im on my period.. im bleeding and have minor cramps.. I also feel really fatigued.. and my period is supposed to start next week.. if you find an answer let me know!

You are experiencing so called breakthrough bleeding that happens when you are on birth control pill instead of a period that happens when you are not on the pill. Hormones from birth control control your menstrual cycle in a way that as long as you regularly take active pills you don't have to have bleeding at all. That's why there are placebo pills - they don't have any hormones in them, so when you take sugar pills it's like not taking a pill at all and the lack of hormones is what causes the breakthrough bleeding. So, you should count this bleeding now  as your period (you don't have to take BC now as if you were on sugar pills) and just continue with the next pack. It would be really good idea to use some extra protection during this time.