I am 28 and have 2 children, when I was 6 my family tells me that I was living with my Aunt and her 2 boys that both had Chicken pox. I never got the chicken pox atleast not to my knollege.The reason I was living with my Aunt is because my mother was living with a man that beat me so bad that I was black n blue all over, but thank the lord I dont remember that part, but I do remember bits and peices of that time of living with him and my mom. My Aunt tells me that I got really sick with high fever pretty much like the flu.She also said that I had seizure when I was sick were I would have one about every hour. She tells me that one night she was making dinner and asked me if I wanted a sandwich also and I said yes. She say that after I took 1 bite of the sandwich I asked to use the restroom. She told me that about 15 min after going in she came in to check on me and said that I was passed out on the floor. I pretty much went into a comma then. My other Aunt that sat by my bed side the whole time I was in the hospital told me that the doctors could not figure out what was wrong with me and that I flat lined at least 2 time. She told me that I was in a comma for atleast 3week fully out! I remember having a dint in my bottom, my family says it was from all the shot the hospital gave me when I was in there. I DO NOT remember anything from my child hood other than how people put it on here blurps. before I got sick I went to Disney world twice with my dad, and when my kids ask me about it, I change the subject cause I dont remember any of it. The earliest memory I have from my past is when I was 7 years oldand started first grade agian. I have major depression, Anxiety, tremor, balance problem, and focusing problems. I am alway tired or how my ex husband put it Lazy! I have been starting to have some major migraines and muscle problems. I am on an ADD med and an anxiety/depression med to help me get threw the days. I have a problem meeting new people and keeping friends because I also have Major mood swings. I feel distint from people and always feel like the black sheep of the family. I have noticed in the past year I been having a problem with being able to fully think of the word I am trying to say. My mind will start running all these words together and I get to the point where I get so frustrated with it that I try to limit my talking to people. The thing I am trying to figure out is did I have Encephalitis? and if I did why dont I have seizures like my mom does? My mom when she was a kid got bit by something and got Virual encephalitis. My thing is I have 2 little girls and I am wondering if my girls can get this from me? I like how every one talks about having to relearn to walk and everything, my family doesnt like talking to me about it so I dont now if I had that problem or not. Does everyone that got this illness have seizures still to this day, because I dont have seizures. My most problem that I have today that I am having problems copping with is " All the bits and peices of my past that I remember are they my memories or are they images stuck n my head from what my family has told me. If anyone can help me with this I would very much appreciate it alot. Thank you
_________________

Hello Blair...

Truly, the only way for this question to be answered would be for you to contact your own physician.   S/he would be able to do testing to see if your current issues have any association with damage to your brain itself.

Hope you can have some of your issues solved!