My son got Encephalitis at the age of two in 2008. He lost every ability there is, holding his head, sucking, swalling, talking all motor skills. He is able to sit if you put him upright, eat pureed foods and is beginning to reach and touch things. He has severe seizures also. How long did it take some of you to recover? They said he is on the severe end of brain damage and I wonder if it is even possible to ever have my little boy back. Please respond to my e-mail. Thanks. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Hi

I am sorry read of your son's difficulties. Could I suggest that you visit ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed this is a charity set up specifically to provide information to both people directly and indirectly affected be encephalitis.

They have an email and phone info service.

I wish you well

Dear Moderator

I understand the need for your role however I would expect someone to check the link out. The site is HON Coded and the Encephalitis Society is supported by a clinical panel of experts. I have provided a link to a charitable service here in the UK that the person can contact regardless of where they are. Their question is a cry for help! It seems rather counter productive!

Dear Enquirer (Charity) Do a web search for Encephalitis then find a Society of that name based here in the UK They are the only charitable service of their kind. Hopefully this will get you some form of advice that may help you deal with your situation. Importantly you wont be alone.