I started eating soap(Irish spring and Ivory),chalk, comet (bathroom cleaner) since I was 15. I was diagnosed with chronic anemia and started taking Repliva. Years later after the birth of my second child I started eating soap again. I had bought gum to cure the cravings but would then spit the gum out and eat the soap again. I hate this addiction, especially knowing that I am ingesting chemicals that can harm me

Hey OP! I have a similar issue. I crave soap (Irish spring and Dove white) and laundry detergent (Gain but I've never eaten it) baby powder and chalk or clay. I take the grated soap, baby powder and crushed chalk and taste that b/c the texture reminds me of detergent powder and I get my Irish spring fix. To satisfy my gain craving I store my edible clay w/a gain dryer sheet so it absorbs the smell and taste of the dryer sheet. Lately, I've been just storing my soap w/my kaolin clay along w/the dryer sheets. I've also been taking iron supplements to kick this habit. Using clay you stored w/your soaps and bathroom cleaner is a good way to slowly wean yourself from this habit of you don't wanna go cold turkey. Good luck :)!

I crave and eat Irish spring and dial soap ( original and mountain fresh) along with cornstarch. I may have low iron but it may also be stress related.