I can't stop eating dry wall. How it started was I moved here four years ago and my room was moved to the basement. And I always loved the way basements smell. The vent fell off the wall and I tried to put it back on but then the wall smelled good so I tasted it... After that I kept eating it. The smell attracts me to it. Anytime I smell something that reminds me of it I get a strong craving for it. I know, it's extremely bad and has toxins but I just can't stop.

Im also addicted to eating dry wall. Ive been eating dry wall since i was atleast 12 years old and im currently 16. I have ingested atleast 4 walls in over the past 4 yrs since my addiction has started. My parents even caught me in the act of it and i just cant stop. I dont know why i do it, but i just do. Its like a neccessity. Ive told a few of my friends about this addiction but im still very ashamed of it. I really wish i could stop. To this day i still eat dry wall and I just feel like i cant stop...

I am 39 years old and I also have pica. I was 14 when I started eating drywall. The cravings are sometimes uncontrollable. I have stopped on the side of the freeway after seeing a piece laying on the shoulder. And older drywall is preferred because it smells like basement or garage. I know that it is a deficiency, but I love everything about the smell, the taste, and the texture.

I remember being a kid and eating a piece of dry wall from my basement.. I went and told my mom that I liked the taste of it and she got mad at me, so I never ate it again... I'm 20 now and one night I couldnt stop thinking of it. Now here I am eating it again discreetly..

I feel you, I also have a strong craving for dry wall. I love the texture and taste of it. I also began to eat chalk like crayola sidewalk chalk specifically the color core ones, I don’t know about those but they taste like nothing which is great amd so crunchy and of course I don’t swallow any of these but I love chewing them. I wish I could learn to stop craving these things

I am currently 17 and i eat dry wall. i started when i was a child and i get cravings from time to time. its really strange and i really am ashamed of it. is it harmful in the long term?????????

Drywall is mostly made of gypsum, and is an herb in chinese medicine (Shi Gao). You likely have some pretty extreme stomach heat going on. See an acupuncturist and mention this... If they look at you without connecting the dots... Well, there is likely one out there who will.

Persistent use will damage the stomach

I’m concerned I’ve been eating dry walk for a while now and when I use the bathroom room(poop) blood comes out I’m not a girl either

Have you pooped blood?

Same here I’m 16 too and still do it idk why though

Are you a male or female

I read that there is glass in plaster walls so that maybe why u bleeding?? try eating crunchy cookies when you feel the urge; to stop yr self