i can't stop eating ice that's all i want.i'm not hungry anymore i just want ice.i eat ice every two hours or so for some reason i like the tatse people may think there isn't any taste in it but for some reason to me there is.i want to know why is this happening to me.

Eating ice can be a sign that you are low on iron. Do you get tired frequently? Get cold easily (apart from eating the ice)? If so, I'd go to your doctor and let them know your symptoms and they can do a simple blood test to tell if you are anemic. If so, a simple iron supplement will solve your problem.

Good luck.

IT means you're sexually deprived

VEINFETISH IS RIGHT. I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AND FOUND I WAS LOW ON IRON. I STARTED TAKING IRON PILLS AND THE PROBLEM WAS GONE.

Hi Vanessa, 

The need for eating ice definitely does not mean that you are sexually deprived! The chances are far more on the side that you might be anemic because of the iron deficiency and as veinfetish said, all it takes is simple blood test to determine your blood iron levels. After this, it’s the iron supplement and diet that includes iron-rich food that will help you get over this problem.

Women tend to be far more often anemic than men, sometimes the cause for this might be excessive menstrual bleeding. In this case, sometimes you need to take birth control pills to regulate your menstrual flow, so that it would be lighter. Either way, the first and most important step is to see the doctor and find out what exactly is going on.

not enough fact to back it up

sorry wrong post!

thank you this is reallly going to help me

I eat ice all the time, I love the taste and the texture, whether its chopped into a million pieces or in cube form I can't stop eating it.When I hear the ice machine drop more I refill my cup and start eating.I don't believe it has anything to do with iron deficiency or sexual deprivation as I have high blood levels and even continue my habit right after sex.Sometimes you get a piece with just the right balance of air and water in it an the taste reminds me a cold winter winds.

I also drink plenty of juice and water on it's own yet continue to munch the ice.

My lungs are a bit weak since I haven't been outside running in the past couple years and am a heavy pot and cigarette smoker.If I had to guess, I'd say it have something to do with respiratory function and numbing or dulling some kind of issue.

Meant to say my iron levels are fine. Not blood

Thank you. for the info , newer liked ice, since i had 2 operations in matter of 6 months, i suddenly .craved ice, I am on vitamins ,c d,and iron, prescribed by my doctor, I do suffer from stress and are on medication
Please could someone tell me whats wrong

I know I am anemic but I can't seem to take iron supplements for some reason they make me sick to my stomach

I've tried iron supplements and they all tends to make me sick to my stomach what else can I do or eat to help out?

I chew up to 15 lbs of ice or more in a day. My ice maker can not keep up with me. The drs seem to blow me off. I know there has to be a reason for this. I am borderline anemic and on blood thinner. Iron kills my stomach. Anybody have an answer?

I take my iron on a full stomach to avoid that nauseous feeling. One pill with every meal, until I stopped craving ice. No problem with pica after about a week of three iron pills a day.