For the last 6 months or so.... I love to lick Dial Gold suds from my hand. I take the soap and wash  my hands. Then I lather them up again and scoop the suds off and put them in my mouth. I don't swallow the suds.. I spit them out then rinse my mouth with water. I love the taste! 

It calms me down... almost like smoking a cigarette. It's like a "fix". I NEVER run out of Dial Gold!! When I get low.. I go to the store and buy more. My husband has no idea I do this. If he did, he would probably want to commit me to a mental ward.. LOL!!

I've read on this site some ppl actually EAT the soap. I would be too scared to do that. 

Anyone else?

I can't help by LOL at this. Thank you :-)

Seriously though, it's an oral fascination, just as you've said, like smoking. It brings you comfort in times of stress and has become quite addictive- just like a cigarette.

I shouldn't worry about it, tbh- as long as there is no harmful chemicals in the soap and your not ingesting too much, I can't see what harm it demonstrates. At least it's a clean oral fascination- I used to be a nail bitter and that's one heck of a dirty oral habit! When you consider what dirt your fingernails pick up in a day...yuk! lol

I think your husband would probably think it's quite funny, but wouldn't think any more of it...and weirdly, I want to go and find out what Dial Gold suds taste like....

Best wishes

V

I also love dial gold antibacterial soap. It started a year ago, at first I loved the smell. Then I actually put the suds in my mouth. Eventually I began to swallow the suds. Its just like you said, its like a fix. Its really weird and no one knows about it. I am worried about what it might do internally to me, but I cant seem to quit. Its a serious addiction.

Sometime I mix the dial soap with my toothpaste. I love the taste and smell too. So weird. Lol

Me I love it never swallow it but love to chew on it and see how much I can fit!!!!

I am the same way I started about 4 years ago I was on dialysis and I need to wash my hands constantly because of the type of dialysis I was on..The smell soothed me then I started rinsing my mouth with the suds! I thought this would stop once I got my kidney transplant and was healthy again but it didn't! I thought I was so wierd and find it comforting I'm not the only one.. I don't know what it is in the dial soap that soothes me or why I feel the need to put the suds in my mouth but I do...It is addicting..I did stop for a few years but now back to it. Can anyone explain if there is some sort of chemical in the soap that causes this addiction?

I thought something was mentally wrong with me. I love the taste and the the way the suds feel in my mouth. I haven't swallowed the suds. I spit them out and rinse my mouth. I have Anemia, which can cause this. I do it mainly when I'm stressed. Nobody knows that I do this. I kind of like it that way. My craving is strictly dial gold bars. I've been doing this for about 2 years now. I'm relieved that I'm not the only one. Thanks for sharing.

I thought I was the only one who did this. Dial gold is my fav soap too :p. I bite off small pieces, chew them for the flavor and spit them out. I also gargle and rinse my mouth. I've tried the same thing w/Irish spring and wound out loving the taste of that soap as well.

I do this all the time to I thought something was wrong with me,and looked it up but it seems I’m not the only one.
:-)

You're not alone. I love to put bars of dial ( gold) in a container of cornstarch and let absorb the flavor. It makes my starch crunching plus it tastes like dial gold :p. Just what it about dial that makes us pica sufferers crave it xD?

i do the same i put it in a wash cloth and lather it up good and suck on it as i keep rinsing it i love the tase but my favorite is mountain fresh dial bar soap !!!!!!

Maybe an iron deficiency? I used to crave dial gold when I was on dialysis over 10 years ago. Once I had my transplant the urge faded. Now I'm back on dialysis for the past month a d have been craving dial gold this week like crazy. I have extremely low iron levels...

Dial White is my favorite. I've been eating the suds for about 3 years but have been trying to stop... it's so hard and I really love the taste.