I eat soap every day am addicted to it but i also suffer from type 2 diabetes n high blood pressure when am stressing alot that's when i go on a rampage n eat big chunks of soap even in the middle of the night i take half a bar with me in my bag i feel hopeless i need help..

Hi Luludivine! as you might know you are not the only one addicted to eating soap. I don't know for how long you have been doing this, but as you might know is not healthy. I'm glad you are looking for help. As all addictions you need a professional help to help you get out of this without beginning with another addiction. What I would suggest to you is talking to your gp about who would be the best person to help you here. I can think of a psychologist or an addiction specialized doctor.

I am 28 years old and I have been eating bar soap since I was pregnant with my first child at 19. It first started off as smelling the soap, then licking the soap, now I actually eat the soap. I thought I was the only one going through this problem. I have tasted every soap out there from Yardley, Zest, Irish Spring, All Dial soaps, Dove, Lever, Ivory, Tone, the whole 9, but my favorite soap of all time is Coast. I crave coast all day. I try to leave the soap at home while I'm at work to prevent me from chewing on it all day. I like Coast when it is freshly new out the pack, I smell it and it makes my mouth water, I have a certain way of eating the soap by scraping my teeth against the bottom of it all the way to the top..then I chew on it. It relaxes me and calms me down. It takes me about a month to finish 1 whole bar of soap. A year ago I noticed how severe my soap addiction was when I made a "soap bowl" .. Shredding up coast, Irish spring original, , cranberry dial and dial for men (the blue one) which are my favorites into small pieces placing them into a glass bowl with suran wrap. I would keep it on the side of my bed and ate the pieces whenever I felt stressed and the flavors would just melt in my mouth. I have recently stopped and I have been soap free for about a month. I never had any side effects while eating soap not even an upset stomach but I noticed I would get reoccurring problems with BV. My doctor said the soap I was eating was effecting my pH balance. And since I quit I haven't had this problem since. I am very tempted to go back. I watch people on YouTube eat soap, and Google soap addiction and read other stories of this disorder. It makes my mouth water. Glad to know I am not alone.

You are really struggling with hard time. You must overcome your addiction and be more careful as you are having type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure problem. Take care.