I am overweight and have been having the problem of a an itchy rash and redness and excess moisture under my stomach. I am not grossly overweight, but have the problem of the stomach. The weather has been hot and I don't know if that has anything to do with it. I shower every day, but do not like the feeling I am getting. If anyone has any suggestions I would appreciate it. Thank you! Janna :-(

It could be heat rash due to excessive sweat and moist environment. Besides having a shower regularly, you need to keep this area dry. This means that you should apply some kind of powder to prevent the area from sweating. When you shower, let the area dry itself in the air. Powder should be applied to the dry skin only not when you are already sweat.
Try to stay in cooler and less humid rooms. When you are not able to shower and the rash appears do not add anything on the skin like deodorants or creams or ointments. This can block oil glands, trap the sweat and worsen the situation.
Most of heat rashes disappear in a few days. However, they can get infected so if it becomes weird, see a doctor.
You could apply 1% hydrocortisone cream to relieve itching and burning.
Wear light cloths and do whatever makes you sweat less.

I have the same issue and I find that if I use deodorant in the folds of legs and stomach I don't get the rashes. But make sure you use a stick. I find secret works fine.
I also use powder. Make sure you clean good when you are in the shower and let it dry before you apply anything.

Also If it gets too bad use a lotrimin cream and start the deodrant after you are healed.

Hope this helps!

i also have that problem. just like you im a little over weight and have a rash under stomach. I found that if you sleep in the nude it helps a lot i guess the sweat doesnt get trapped agianst the skin also a change of underwear in between showers helps too. anything that will help to keep the moisture off the skin

Janna You more then likely have a yeast infection under your skin. It is a common problem for people who are obese or overweight. This infection can spread and is common under the stomach and under the breasts where the skin is folded over itself. The skin sweats and because it is dark and moist, it breed infection. There are a few options you can do, 1st being see your doctor and they can provide you with prescription medication. Next is Go to whole foods and find a liquid soap called Dr. Bronners Tea Tree. Wash with it twice a day all in the areas... dry very well, use a blow dryer if you have to, and then powder it down with Gold Bond Powder. After it is all clear, use the Gold Bond every day, especially during hot weather.
Lastly you could try an over the counter, femine ointment or cream such as gynelotrimin or myconizole. Hope this helps.

I have the same thing under my stomach for the last two weeks. I tried gold bond powder, cortisone ointment and since yesterday, lamisil. ( recommended by pharmacist). so far no better. I guess it could also be ringworm which is also a fungus.

SO is the pastey like stuff thats behind the knees and under the stomach YEAST???

o.O

use Mederma (scar gel) in fold or crease where you get rash. Use it every day after you clean and dry the area. it will prevent rash or infection from ever occurring no matter how hot it is or if you sweat. It's about $16 for a small tube and at most drug stores , target or walmart.

Tranquility products have moisture absorbent sheets that you place in the folds and it absorbs the moisture and controls bacteria growth which will help eliminate the rashes, yeast infections etc. They work wonders under the breast, I use them at the gym. You can find go to ***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed and fill out their inquiry form and one of there specialist will contact you back regarding the absorbent sheets.

Pambras offer products that are specifically designed for women to absorb perspiration and prevent discomfort under the breasts and tummy. I use them and they work great! Bonus! They are not expensive at all!

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I am an overweight person and have been going through the sweeting part under the belly for years now. Use to get a rash under my breasts unto my stomach for awhile to....found out that it is a yeast type infection (per a couple of different doctors) that happen when the folds are moist and dark.... what has helped is after showering and drying off, I use a hair dryer to dry my underarms, under the breast, and under the belly. Then if the area under my belly get itchy and read I use (per my doctor) an anti-fungal cream (use the stuff that you find in the foot section at the store). As one person stated that sleeping nude at night does help to. Also if a problem while hot and unsure through the day use the cream after you shower and then put some gause there to help absorb some of the sweet.

the cheapest and most effective remedy i have found is simply applying cornstarch when clean and dry. inexpensive, fast fix.

I get the same rash under the stomach fold and often along the line where my underware rubs my legs. I put alcohol on it. It burns like crazy but it goes away by the next morning. Cheap, easy and effective.

I have been going thru this for years now. But lately it has gotten a lot worse. I take showers daily, but what i havent done yet is try a blow dryer to really make sure it is dry under my belly skin. I use baby powder with corn starch. Seems to work ok, but i was wondering if my doctor can prescribe something stronger that will work, it itches so much sometimes i scratch until it bleeds. Recently i have gotten it under my right boob, not good. I just hate this and just want it to go away. I have tried the diet thing many many times with no results so please dont reply with "lose weight". That would be just rude. Well anyway i am just tired of this and need some truely good advise, thank you Tam44wisc.

I have the EXACT same problem People say to use powder but powder tends to be very thin and can absorb sweat quiclky I use CORN STARCH its very thick and Very helpful plus it feels good on the skin. Also MAKE SURE UR DRY before u use it put it under belly on top of ur mound in the crease of ur thighs next to ur lips or peter and rub on ur legs so u wont chaff