Couldn't find what you looking for?

TRY OUR SEARCH!

Hi, Im 19 years old, and ive been eating ice for some time now, almost 4 years. A friend of mine told me about someone they knew who was an "ice-eater", and that person had to undergo surgery, because of it. She said that the reason was because the ice caused some thing to go bad inside her.....im just wondering if this could be true, and please state some of the repercussions associated with eating ice

Loading...

Sounds like you have a condition called PICA. It is a disorder characterized by persistant and compulsive cravings to eat odd things. Some are harmless when digested. However, if the craved substance is toxic or contaminated, or blocks the intestines, it can lead to a medical emergency.
Pica is derived from the Latin word for Magpie. Magpie is a bird known for its large and indiscriminant appetite.
Some things that people eat are, dirt, clay, paint chips, plaster, chalk, cornstarch, laundry soap, coffee grounds, ashes, burnt match heads, animal feces, cigarette butts, ICE, rust, glue, hair, buttons, paper, sand and toothpaste.
Your ice eating will not cause you a medical emergency exept maybe a trip to the Dentist. Just don't eat it if it's yellow!! The only reprocussions from eating ice is that you may break or crack your teeth. You may also develop TMJ which will affect you jaw. It is MANDIBULAR JOINT DISORDER and usually happens if the jaw has been traumatized in some way. The hard crunching of the ice could cause it. Switch to ice chips, they are not so tough on your teeth and jaws.
Reply

Loading...