I wanna know which birth control are the best? I dont want to take bc pills that r risky such as cancer,weight gain,etc. Cuz IM already a chubby chick and DEPO shot made me gain more. I got off of DEPO. I know DEPO is good, because of no periods...but still weight gaining isnt what I want. I want a bc that arent so risky...prevent weight gain...acne...not making me so moody,etc. LEMME KNOW ASAP PLEASE. I have doctor appoiment on April 4th @ 3:45pm. So I'd like to know something before then so I can talk to my doctor about it.

Thanks:D

If you don't want horrible side effects then there are two options you can go for:

1) Ask for a low estrogen pill, low estrogen reduces the chances of having nasty side effects.

2) Ask about non-hormonal contraception, The diaphragm, Shield, Cap, Sponge, the IUD, coil etc.
These methods do not contain hormones, and so you will not have such bad reactions to them.
All these methods vary in effectiveness.

The actual risks of breast cancer in pill takers are very very small, in fact the combined pill reduces the risk of ovarian cancer by 40% and the risk of endometrial cancer by 50% compared to people who don't use it.

you will always hear "horror stories" of people who say their birth control was terrible, but I never had any trouble with mine. People react to it differently. some lose weight, some gain it!

It is generally accepted by medical authorities that the health risks of oral contraceptives are lower than those from pregnancy and birth.

Ok thanks I'll ask my doctor about those two. Hopefully she'll give me something useful.