well i recently heard of implanon from my sister and i decid it sounds great! and proceeded to look it up on the internet, at first i was happy to see many women used and love the method of birth control no daily pills or monthly shots or rings just put it in and 3 years later take it out. I was immediately in love being a college student and only 20 yrs old children are far from my mind at the moment and ive been in a relationship with a wonderful man for 5 years now... so i dont worry about stds or anything i just want a method to work for me but now that i have done more digging there are a lot of women that are saying they have had lots of weight gain or find it really hard to lose weight with implanon. also many are reporting lots of bleeding for long periods of time (yikes!).. so that worries me i usually only have my period for 5 days and not heavy or painful and alwayd every month so going from that to heavy constant bleeding is scary and some women are saying they get very moody.. also not sounding too good ... i was on the pill for a while bt noticed i started gaining weight and it was about 20 pounds total so i stopped i guess lookin like a cow is good way of bc i mean u wont wanna have sex lol bt anyway the depo shot sounds terrible i kno too many girls that got prego or really fat and moody off of it also .. I know birth control effects people differnetly im just not sure i wanna hassle with it so please let me know how you feel, im looking for some advise or personnal experiences with implanon or something that really works and you like using ..
thanks a lot
-ash

Well, I thought that Implanon was just an easier way to be protected without daily taking of the birth control pills, but when I read the official statement about possible side effects - In studies, about 1 in 10 women stopped using Implanon because of bleeding problems. Basically, all the time you are using Implananon your periods are pretty much expected to be irregular and unpredictable. So, weight gain or not, but this alone sounds too terrible for me.