Hello. I'm 26 year old female and I have been using several different birth control pills in a past few years.
And I have experienced several bad things about them, beside their good effect. You see, all the time I have been using them I get these terrible headaches, menstrual changes, breast tenderness, abdominal cramps and bloating.
Now, I have heard some good stuff about this new pill called Yasmin birth control pill and I would like to find out more about it. Did anybody have any experience with it so far?

Hi. I know some facts about this new pill because I have been using it about a month already. I can't say only the best about it.
There is one interesting thing about these pills: you see, you get 23 pills in the pack which consist the same amount of estrogen and progestin. You drink those 23 days, one per day. Then, the next seven days, you drink placebo pills so you will get your period.
Common benefits of Yasmin include fewer PMS and menstrual symptoms, prevention of acne and less premenstrual weight gain.
This pill is special also because it contains synthetic hormones that are very similar to these naturally occurring hormones.
I don’t know what to say more about it- try it and see for your self.

I've had many different types of bc pills and I use to get heaps of cramps, tenderness, totally sore breasts and mega vomiting.

I've been on Yasmin for about 6months now and alot of these bad side effects which I'd sufferd with for years have stopped. well it's no mirical cure I still get some cramps and sore boobs but it's know where near as bad as it use to be.

you should talk to your doctor about it.

Yasmin is a newer pill that is VERY WELL TOLERATED!!

NUVA RING is also a birth control option with very few side effects.

Yasmin is something you maybe should consider.

Hey I'm a 31 year old mom of two (2yr girl & 1yr boy) busy busy busy. My doctor put me on yasmin and I'm 2months pregnant. I took the pill once a day the same time eash day and for a month before sex with my husband. Any one out there like me?

Hi Everyone---

Im new to this website...Im soo confused about which birth control pills r the best and probably safer? I dont want to take anything that has risks such as cancer,weight gain,etc. I wanna take birth control pill that are okay...helps prevent weight gain,acnes,not risk for cancer,etc. I need help with which BC pills to try and which is more safer for me. I mean Im a chubby chick---I dont wanna to gain more cuz of those birth control....I was on DEPO shot for about a year and half. I got off of it, because I didnt like it..it made me gain weight..I know its soo cool not having period at all, but weight gaining isnt what I want. HOpefully someone will help and give me some good advices. :?

I am 18 years old and have been on Yasmin birth control for a year now, i have not missed one pill and am very good at taking it the same time everyday. My boyfriend and i have unprotected sex, even when im on my sugar pills. It has been working great for me and i swear by it. I think that you need to take it everyday and the same time!

I just started Yasmin yesterday. Took it at 7 05 pm. Today I forgot to take it until 7 25 pm. Will I be ok or should I talk to my doctor?

I have been taking yasmin for 3mths now..I asked for it because I heard it helped with Severe PMS lol...I do find it help in that respect but one side effect that I have noticed is a complete loss of sex drive! I hoping this evens out or I'll be looking for another alternative :-)

Yasmin....I've been on it for over a month...I get nauseated in the afternoons from it, as well as I have noticed a drop in sex drive. :-(
If things are not going well, it might be wise to change. I am going to wait one more month, and then see if I need to switch.
I can't wait until the babies have come and gone so that my husband can get a vasectomy...:-)
And taking the pill within an hour or two is ok. there is a small window of time, don't worry about it!

I think it's a good idea for you to wait for another month until you decide to get off Yasmin just because I know that it can take a bit for your hormones to stabilize and that sort of thing. Of course, the decrease in sex drive is probably a drag right now so I hope that it picks back up after your drugs kick in and stop playing with your system, but if they don't, then definitely switch to something else. Keep us posted!

rosaleen wrote:

do not go on yasmin. it made me a complete b****. It also made me gain weight, i didn't notice a loss in sex drive and it did make my acne soo much better, but you have extreme mood swings. i actually switched to microgestin 1.5/30 two months ago and i think i'm going to switch off of that as well. that makes me extremely moody, but not so much a b**** as much as it makes me cry and feel sad all of the time. i honestly loved necon 1/35 when i was on it. it gave me no issues, i only switched because i was on it for two years and i started breaking out....but now that i think about it, it may just have been because i was stressed out all of the time. I'm gonna see if i can switch back to necon.

Hey guest, I think what you posted is very helpful so thanks for the insight. When are you going to be going back on a different birth control? Let us know, okay?

I was on Yasmin since about June 2009 and i didnt know until I got off of it that it was causing me so many symptoms.. I was moody and had a short fuse.. I had the WORST pms 7-20 BEFORE AF as even due.. had horrible cravings and uncontrollable hunger. Im an active person (workingout 5x's a week) and it seemed I was struggling to keep my weight stable... SUpposedly it was suppose to help with PMS and I think it made mine worst
THis is my 1st month off of Yasmin and I alreaedy feel the difference..i havent felt horrible PMS. Even tho Im having alot of weird symptoms this month...(mid month spotting for 1 day, light cramping on and off, nausea, queasiness, and my newest symptom is breast tenderness which has progressively gotten worst) even with all that I feel sooo much better them I use to when i was on the pill.. I havent had those uncontrollable cravings to eat until there was nothing left in the fridge.. and ive actually lost about a lb and i didnt even work out this last week.. My appetite is normal... actually its less then it was before...

Im on cd28 and waiting for my period.. not sure if i'll be regular or not.. i guess ill have to wait and see.

I am 18 years old.

I agree with the comment made about lack of Libido. I took the pill for around a year and during that time I began to really dislike sexual intercourse. I have had sex with my long term partner less than twenty times throughout the year.
It works very well controlling PMS. However I found the change in my personality while using the pill a little unnerving.

Since deciding to stop taking it my libido has not returned.