8-| WELL IM ON THE DEPO SHOT. AND I WANT TO ASK PEOPLE WHO ARE ON THE DEPO SHOT DO THEY HAVE RECENT PERIODS? AND ANOTHER ? IS CAN YOU GET PREGNATE WHILE ON IT. I'VE BEEN ON IT FOR ATLEAST 3 YEARS NOW . AND IM WONDERING??

When I was on the depo shot, my periods basically stopped. I had very minimal spotting, monthly and sometimes between periods. My biggest symptom was weight gain. Ouch!!.. The only sure way to prevent pregnancy is abstinence. However, there is a very minimal chance (1%) that you would get pregnant on depo. None the less, the chance is there......

Hi:

I am not on it now, but I was on depo. I basically did not have any period at all while I was on it. There is about a 1% or perhaps less chance of pregnancy, but like with other birth control methods, some chance is there. I hope this helps. Only abstinence can completely eliminate the chance of pregnancy.

i am on depo and i still have my period they believe its cause i have heavly periods

You can get periods, some girls get them and others don't and every girl is different. You can't get pregnant while on the depo shot because the shot is a form of birth control.

I just got my first shot maybe four weeks ago and I'm freaking out because I haven't got my period and so I'm worried that I could be pregnant so would it be helpful to do a pregnancy test or should I just not be worried?

yes you can get your period while
on the depo shot and I got one