I am going crazy tryin got find the right birth control for me. I have been on the estrogen/progestin pills, and now Im on Depo. I have heard a lot of bad stuff about depo, some i can live with but i cannot keep taking this knowing i may have fertility issues in the future after going on it. Has anyone had any fertility issues after being on Implanon (the implant)??

Hello bjdenton26 I'm 19 years old and I have the Implanon. I don't recomend it because Ive been having problems with yeast infection (suffering of it constantly) have alot of mood swings; and the insert of the implant is painful and now im scare but crazy of taking it out!!... I really dont recomend it at all and I have heard bad reviews from other woman; ofcourse after I got it!!.. it does work perfectly as a birth control since i hvae sex with my current boyfriend without condom and nothing has happend for the last year; but the yeast infections have been killing me, my doctor said that this is caused by the hormone changes in my body can cause my immune system to change. I extremely scare of taking it out but I have to do it!!.. Hope youve made the right decission and if you get it I dont wish you what has happened to me!!... :-D

Hi I had problems with yeast infections prior to implanon, during pregnancy, immediately following the birth, and again now.

Hormones cause infections even without birth control. As well as certain soaps, sex, antibiotics, tight clothing, not drinking enough fluids, and for those that recurr frequently sometimes it's an indication of diabetes. It should be discussed with your doctor.

I've tried many different types of birth control, the pill, the patch, and implanon.

I prefer implanon the best because you don't have to think about it for 3 yrs. It's effective, I don't have any periods. Haven't for 2 yrs. I realize everyone is different but I haven't noticed any side effects except headache when my body was first adjusting to it. I plan on getting another one in place after this one is taken out.

The procedure is painful, but could never compare to child birth. It feels no different then a pinch similiar to a shot. The site does slightly burn for 1-2 days afterwards and feels a little warm, but nothing extreme.

I haven't noticed any mood changes, but I have noticed a higher attraction to men, especially muscular men. :-D

anonymous wrote:

Hello bjdenton26 I'm 19 years old and I have the Implanon. I don't recomend it because Ive been having problems with yeast infection (suffering of it constantly) have alot of mood swings; and the insert of the implant is painful and now im scare but crazy of taking it out!!... I really dont recomend it at all and I have heard bad reviews from other woman; ofcourse after I got it!!.. it does work perfectly as a birth control since i hvae sex with my current boyfriend without condom and nothing has happend for the last year; but the yeast infections have been killing me, my doctor said that this is caused by the hormone changes in my body can cause my immune system to change. I extremely scare of taking it out but I have to do it!!.. Hope youve made the right decission and if you get it I dont wish you what has happened to me!!... :D

Im 17 years old i had the implanon for only 5 months it started off with spotting and it continued for two months i hated it. my period got worse it started very heavy after it quit for a couple weeks and i thought that i was losing alot of blood. i got chubby-er tried my best to work it off but nothing changed. everytime i washed my hair i lost more then we are normally suppose too. i will not recommand any birth control to anyone. the implanon can mess up your respitory system because what ever they put in your arm the medicine flows in your blood into your heart. i dont know if im right but think about it you, you will be safe now not getting pregnant but what about in the future can this cause more problems for you health? what if you cant have any children when you feel you want to. well im just blabbering on and on.. i have nothing better to do in PE class oh yeah i have scaring from taking out the implanon that had to stick a needle in all over the place and poke inside with two different kinds of sissors i still felt it through all the numbing it stung and then they added more numbing and couldnt find it that lady tried several times but no luck had to find a ddoctor to come in and help i was scared they might have to leave it in there. they got it out and its been two weeks so far my nerves are screwed up i cant feel anything around there i cant stretch my arm all the way out theres more pain. so good luck to anyone who gets it i really regret it. i have to go to my next class

I had implanon for 2 yrs after having my son. As far as having complications with it I had none. By far the best birth control the chances of getting pregnant on it are about 1 in 1500 women. However I had it removed in Dec of 09 bc my husband and I are trying to have another child. The problem is that it is March of 11 and no pregnancy. We have been tracking my ovulation and taking at home ovulation tests (not entirely sure how accurate those are) for about the last 7 months and still nothing. This is the only complication I have had from it and apparently I am not the only one bc I have been researching other forums.

Are you still having problems concveiving????
I had implant our of may last year and ever since me and my partner have been trying for a aby but still nothing, been to doctors and he said im not ovulating properly and my progesterone levels are low, he thinks its due to the implant!!!

Im getting really frustrated now and want to know if other women have had the same trouble and its not just me.

Hi, I had implanon put in six weeks after the birth of my second son in 2006, I sufferd from pretty much constant bleeding for the first 2 years which had to be controlled by tablets from doc, i also sufferd from lots of yeast infections :-( it was due for removal sept 2009 but forgetfull me forgot and it wasent removed until jan 15th 2011 its now the 30th march and im 9 weeks pregnant with my 3rd child since its been removed ive never sufferd with thrush :-) I read lots of articles about how long it takes to concieve after removal and was shocked to find some people still were'nt pregnant 2/3 years on, I wouldnt advice anyone to use implanon, after removal i was waiting two cycles before I went on another method of contraception and was shocked to find out I was pregnant so soon after removal, good luck and keep trying x

i have also been on implanon and have been ttc for a year now , i have never been pregnant . my blood tests have also shown no surge therefore no ovulation , so im wondering is the next step clomid or will i have to go for ivf or even face never having a child of my own. if implanon is causing people fertility problems in the future then it should be banned or at least explained so people can make that choice for themselves , i have been off the implant for 5 years now after having it in for 2, i had nothing but problems with it ! i messed up my pill a few times before ttc and nothing ever happend !.
hope this isnt the case

Reading these posts has helped me to understand so much of having the implanon in. I have had it for nearly 18 months, and it never occurred to me that it would bring infertility problems towards the future. I was 18 when I got the implanon in and no one explained to me the side effects that would happen, such as having yeast infections and infertility. It is an excellent birth control, but I don't think I want to keep it in any longer if there is a chance it will stop me from having children (much later in life). I have on and off yeast infections, no periods at all, major mood swings, fatigue and sometimes abdominal cramps which is a pain! I just want my body to be back to normal. Now, I don't think the implanon is the best type of birth control, unless you don't want to have children, then I would recommend it definitely. But keep an open-mind, there are side-effects with every type of birth control.

@ shonat86 you are not the only one. i had mine removed dec 09 and it august 11 and still nothing. we are in the middle of moving overseas so i am waiting till we get moved and settled before heading to the doc to see what is going on with this. i am becoming extremely frustrated bc i didnmt think it would ever be this hard to have another child. i am getting nervous though wondering if meds will help the problem.

I specificly asked my DR   if this could cause any future fertility problems and she said you actually can get pregnant faster after its removal than with depo and other methods of birth control.

Is it ok to leave the Implanon in? I've had it in for my 3 years but I haven't gotten it taken out. Can I still get pregnant?

i had the implant in Feb 2010, all was good however started to get sever headaches and moodswings aswell as weight gain, had it removed in november 2010 as all the symptoms were getting to me and wanted to start a family. since, the headaches remain and hard to loose the weight i gained, we have now been trying for a year and absoultly nothing has happened, i never knew the implant could affect fertility and am furious with my doctor for not telling me this before. would definatly 100% not recommend the implant to anyone!

hey everyone :) I am the one who had Implanon after having my son in 08 and had it removed in 09 and still no pregnancy. My family and I are finally settled in our new home and we will have our referral to see a fertility specialists since we have been trying for close to 2 yrs and still nothing. I have seen alot of people saying they didn't have a surge when ovulating so maybe that's the problem and some meds will fix it. I have been using the at ovulation kits but maybe I am just reading them wrong (wouldn't suprise me) lol :) so we will soon see and hopefully it won't take much longer to conceive!!

i posted a little while ago and wanted to update i had implant in 2005 and had it for 2 years before finally being allowed the right to have it removed from my body ( i went back after 6 months of continuous bleeding/ spotting and was told i hadnt given it chance yet !) so anyways after 18 months of no birth control at all i am still not pregnant i had tests which show i do not ovulate and i have also gotten multicystic ovaries , i have been referred to a fertility specialist and after our first consultation i have been given clomid to stimulate ovulation , although i still have periods every 30 days these arent true periods as i am not releasing egg they are annovulation so even if everything seems fine on the surface sometimes it isnt i still very much believe this is down to the implant as i have read many forums with girls in similar situations where they no longer ovulate following the implant , i guess this is a bit of relief for anyone who is on the implant and does want kids in the furture there is help out there and fingers crossed clomid works for me !