im thinking about getting implanon inserted. has anyone else got this??
i've heard about problems but it seems like a good idea. should i get it?? i dont think any other contraception will really suit me. im 18 by the way and im in a long term stable relationship.

I hope this isn't too late to give you my advice. I got implanon put in after I had my son 11 months ago and while I have not gotten pregnant I don't know if it is from the effectiveness of the pill or the fact that I had a HEAVY period for the first 5 months I had it. I bled non-stop it was horrible, the dr told me to keep it in and give my body 6 months to adjust. While now 11 months later I still have it in instead of bleeding all month I bleed 2 1/2 weeks out of the month. Some have said that this is because I had a heavy period before and that is not true. I only bled 4 days and that was very light so it isn't what I was like before. So good luck on making up your mind if I had to do it all over again I would not get it.

its never too late for advice... well until its in, but that doesnt haapen till the 7th of september. Thank for the opions and experiances anyway... i have heard a lot of problems about periods and some about weight too. im not too bothered about the weight gain but i dont think i would cope with very heavy periods... like you i get a very quick light period once a month. anyway, i have made the appointment so ill go and see... i think i might try it and if theres problems get it removed. Thank you though :-D

If anyone else has it in or knows anything about it please post :-D

x

I got the implant inserted about 2 years ago when I was in a long term relationship, in the time I had it in I did not get pregnant although I did put on 2 and a half stone and had very bad mood swings! My periods were also very irregular sometimes they would last 3 days and sometimes 3 weeks!! I have since got it taken out which was painful and have felt a difference within myself already and it was only last week, I would not advise it although I think it would depend on the individual, I am a healthy 20year old with no health problems x

I had mine put in about 3 weeks ago..no bleeding and the only side effects i have are hot flashes and night sweats which save me money on the gas bill so im not complaining..lol..so far i love it even though it feels weird

I have had my inplanon in for three months now and have had no side effects and my period has stopped all together. It was not painful at all when inserted. My doctor used Lydocaine (spelling is a bit off) for the numbing. I love it.

i had the implonon put in 6 wks after i had my baby, it wasn't very painful to put in, dr. numb the area, but after that it was a little weird for about 2-3 days, i just had to get use to it. The only thing that bother me is that i had my first period 2 wks after putting it in then it lasted for about 15 days, then i stop but then 2 wks later i have started again, i have no cramp it's just bleeding, light for the first 3-4 days then it becomes a little heavy. I 've told my dr. and they said because i just had my baby my body is still adjusting to that and then it has to also adjusting to the implanon , thats why i'm bleeding like that, but it will change, so will see what happens. Weight wise i hear a lot about that i'm plus size and i'm trying to lose weight so far i have lost 2lbs but it has been hard, before i could lose 2lbs in a week and now it took me 2 wks to lose to lbs so i think the implanon has someting to do with it (since i keep being on my period) but i think if i work a little harder, i will lose more. so if your thinking of getting try it, besides the bleeding every thing has been great. i have a little dot where they put it in you can hardly see it and it keeps fading every day.

i've been on implanon for a while now and i feel as thought i am pregnant and it happens a lot... i also bleed irreguraly and i am dizzy and get nauseas sometime along with hotflashes which make me think im going to vomit i don't know if im pregnant they say its impossible but then i hear that people have gotten pregnant and i think it would be wasting my time to get a hpt because it is said it will come up negative no matter what. also i am bloated and constipated which i know are all signs i can't really think of a symptom of being pregnant i don't have idk i guess i just really am confused and need help

Hi, i am in my 2nd year of my 2nd implant so had it for 5 years now and i absolutley love it. I had no weight gain, no, acne, periods every 9 months and it was ace. When it was removed i didnt feel it at all and had my new one put straight in, which again i never felt. I was plus size before having the implant and am now dieting and am easily losing weight (1 and a half stone in 10 weeks). My periods however did change to every 6 months and they are now every month and have gotten quite heavy. I really do recommend it though and have loads of friends who have now had it fitted. Its brill.x

Hi I was looking for side effects others have had from Implanon as well. Ive had mine for nearly a month and so far the only things I have noticed is a very very light spotting, almost isnt there. Also night sweats and hot flashes. The night sweats are pretty bad, Ive woken up drenched, even having to wake my husband to change the sheets and my clothes a time or two. The hot flashes arent that bad but when I do get them it seems like Im always in Walmart at the checkout or dealing with some id**t,lol. But then again the hotflashes could just be the little bit of devil in me,lol.

Hello all, I have had the Implanon for 1 Year and 9 Months. When I first got it in Oct 31st of 2007 my body had to adjsut to the hormone release, then I went through the menstrual portion of irrugularity staying on for looooong periods of X. But Eventually after a couple of months it began to regulate and everything is good now, the only differnce is my periods stay on about 7 days straight, before only 2 maybe 3 days, longest 4. But I have expericed weight loss, not weight gain! Don't know if its related to the Implanon or not.

I have had the implanon since December. I have spotted everyday since. I only have to wear one panty liner a day but now when I buy panties, I make sure to buy navy or black b/c of it. I haven't had any irregular side effects aside from that. Weight has maintained and if anything lost a pound or two.

It gives me a great sense of reassurance by having it and not having to worry. However, my friend has the Mirena and she says she likes it. She had some spotting for a few months but hers has since gone away.

I hope this helps

i have had the implanon in two and a half years and i bleed most of the time i have terrible mood swings always tired and upset i feel i should get it taken out but i always forget to take tablets thats the reson i got it in i dont want to be pregnant yet i love the fact that it is so safe,but dilike the fact that ur always in a bad mood and constant bleeding

I've had my implant now for nearly 6 months, when I first had it in I didn't have aperiod for almost 2 months, but then I gt a period for 3 and a half weeks, I went 2 the Doc n she gave me tablets to control the bleeding although as soon as I came off the pills I started coming on every 2 weeks for a week each time, which were VERY heavey and EXTREMELY painful, recently aftr coming off my period I have been having a brown discharge (NOT nice at all) for a full week. Not happy about it all but my neighbour who is a nurse has advised me to keep it in for at least a yr to settle hmmmmm, but then agen at least I will hav 2 gud yrs.........hav had a bad back, stomach cramps, tiredness, sickness, dizziness, headaches, heart palipations n I hav been THE BIGGEST stress head in the world, thank god my fella is so understanding, in my opinion I would NOT recommend it to any1, unfortunately 4 me this is the last resort which is the onli reason I'm keepin it in, god what us women go through to stop frm gettin pregnant eh?!?!?!?

I have to be honest, I've had implanon for a year and I have hated it. I get periods very often, and when I don't have my period I have cramps!! I gained about 3 stone and I have been severely depressed. I can't wait to get mine removed! :-D However with implanon it isn't the sort of thing which you can take advice on because it genuinely varies from person to person!