Hello! I am so sleepy while using implanon and I need some info regarding this issue. 3 months ago I have decided to have this implanon inserted under my skin of my upper arm in order to prevent possible pregnancy. But now I think I have made a mistake by inserting this contraceptive for I feel so sleepy while using implanon I never had such feeling before in my life and now I am always like tired and I am positive this implanon makes me feel sleepy even at my work I am almost capable of falling asleep while I am standing. And besides that my bleeding has become so prolonged and frequent so I would like to hear whether I should wait some time more maybe my sleepiness would go away in few months and what about this bleeding?

This implanon thing has different reactions on different persons. I personally have it inserted last year but pretty soon I have decided to remove it for I really felt so bad and I had practically the symptoms you have I was sleepy all the time basically and without energy and strength and plus I gained about 6 kg in 4 months so I am on pills now again and I feel great. I have also heard some other women having the same symptoms while using implanon and the most common side effects are headaches and dizziness as well as sleepiness but it is not always like that. For example my best friend has this implanon for more than 3 years now and she feels like in paradise no period at all meaning no sign of bleeding for years now-she is the lucky one- and no sleepy feeling at all while using implanon. Anyway I advice you have this implanon thing removed and get back to normal just like I did.

Hello im 17 years old i got this when i was about 15 or 16 but ever since i had it iv been really sleepy and hungry. Im getting it taken out in march and i know for a fact the i have ganed alot while on this. It worked for me but its not something i would prefer other women or young women to take. Its better to just take the pill. Iv never took the pill but im hopeing to take it once this gets taken out. Take my advice if i were you i would just take the pill or something else than this. ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

Implants for more than three years it would have stopped working by now it's only for three years get it out before u fall pregnant girl it has stopped working