Wow.  Am I ever glad others are having similar experiences!  I'm 29 and have had this happen a few times within the past year, the most recent one this morning.  I think stress may have an impact on mine.  I really thought I was going crazy.  The feelings are so intense and almost creepy.  The first time it happened I was in the shower and I zoned out for a good 5 minutes it felt like.  Now, I am able to snap out of them rather quickly, but by then the mental damage is done and I'm scared and confused.  I feel like I'm having deja vu about a dream.  And I can't recall the "dream" when I come out of the trance-like state, all I know is I don't like the feeling one bit.  I would like to go talk to a doctor, especially since those of you who have found that it was a sort of seizure activity, and that makes me kind of nervous...but w/out health care and being a college student, all of those tests aren't exactly in my budget. 

Are the deja vus lasting for about a minute, fading in & out, leaving a terrible feeling in the pit of your stomach, like a doom & gloom feeling? I had them for nearly 20 years and was finally diagnosed with simple & comple partial seizures! I had no idea seizures could present themselves this way. It wasn't until I began having grand mal seizures that I was correctly diagnoses. Mine came during times of stress. I would be interested to hear if you have found any answers yet, as I see you posted this over a year ago.  I too could never recall the 'dream' I was seeing when the seizures were over.  Very strange, I know.

I think you are right. I find that I definitely have the episodes triggered by a few nights of not enough sleep and a bit of stress thrown into the mix! The best way for me to get some relief is to sleep. It is the most unsettling and upsetting feeling.
There is a second as its happening, and even though I don't want it to happen, that there feels like a moment when I get a sense of 'comfort' and familiarity about the things that flash through my mind. Afterwards, I seem to be on autopilot temporarily and later, can't remember everything that I have done for a short period. It's horrible and I know that in order to avoid it I must look after my sleep pattern and avoid stress (as if it was possible to avoid!)

I've been having extreme deja vu lately. not to the point to where i nervous or anything. I had a dream about 4 weeks ago about a place i never could of possible been. I saw the place on my way to a concert. I was able to describe the inside before entering and even the backside of the building. anyone have a similar experience? I understand people have deja vu all the time, but this is like an extemely detailed visual dream.

Hi, I had a bike accident in 2002 ( I was 21 yrs old then). I had a blood clot in my brain and a surgery was performed to remove the clot. I was discharged from the hospital after a couple of weeks and I was on some medication (tegrital). My memory deteriorated to a great extent. I could not recollect what I did last weekend (I had extremely good memory prior to my accident, I could even remember the first day in school).

Apart from the memory loss, I started getting these dejavu seizures. It happens all of a sudden. I get a feeling that this momment happened in the past, i relate it from a past dream or something. Everything becomes so unclear and confusing. I suddenly feel dissapointed and scared. I still get them after 10 yrs after my surgery.

Like most of you mentioned it occurs once in a few months and lasts for a couple of days and stops. It usually happens when am stressed out or If I skip my sleep.

Hi I have constant deja vu. Like every moment of my day feels like I am re living it. It been happening constantly since July 4th. It feel like impending doom like something bad is always bad is going to happen. I been going through some stress. But I need to know if any of you are feeling the same way?

I know I keep having these weird visions that feel familiar yet in away they don't but more like a daze or spell they scare me ant the thing is I think I talk myself into them. But they are so hard to explain. It's like ok I'm thinking of Disney land ant my thought will switch to popcorn but then I feel weird and get hot all over and tingly, an small and faded. I will realize I did it then shake or clentch my fists and teeth, if some one is near and talk to me I really have to think about what they said and my answer. I think I'm going craZY. I'm so scared.

You are not going craty :-) Belive me :-)

I am 20 years old and recently I've something similar happen to me. Now I have horrible anxiety and a phobia of death and I have my whole life. I recently got a new job and my mother has been having addiction problems, so I'm under a lot of stress. Anyway the other night I had very vivid lucid dreams and after I awoke I felt very out of place, like something was wrong. Then later in the day I had a VERY intense feeling of deja vu. Usually when I have deja vu I understand its just a normal phenomenon but this felt so real,like I knew it happened before. That set off the worst panic attack I've ever had I was sure I was going to die. Then the following day I felt a little panicy at work but it subsided. Then at home I had another very intense deja vu and I'm horribly scared this is foreshadowing a terrible event about to take place.

I recently had quit weed a few days ago and I do have ADHD. These intense deja vu occurrence keep happening like 4times a day. I get freaked out and dont know how to control it I been getting high off and on for about 8 years. How can I overcome this? How long does it last?? When will I be okay??? Someone help me please please please follow up on my concerns???

Kyutall.
I have smoked weed for 30 plus years. Personally I don't believe its related. I'm going through the diagnosis with docs at the moment and from what I've read I think I'm having simple partial seizures.(ten plus years now)I get a feeling of doom followed by the dejavu feeling.It only lasts about 20 seconds but afterwards I feel drained and fuzzy. Also I have memory loss but only what I've done in the previous couple of weeks, my memory from childhood is fine but ask me what I done last week and I couldn't tell you. (This is only after a seizure). Ive been trying to see if anything in particular brings one on and the only thing I can relate it to is a lack of sleep.
get some medical opinions and good luck .

I know this is a very old post, but i have been going through the same thing and have been for nearly 5 months. Did you ever get an answer??

This happened to me about 9 years ago. For me it was stress/anxiety related in that I was under a lot of stress when it happened. A few days of deja vu feelings and then one day almost non-stop deja vu all day. It was terrifying and I was totally with it when it happened. If you need someone to chat with about it, I know what you're going through. Good thing is, it never came back.

The same thing happened to my Dad when he was about my age, mid-20s, and it never happened to him again. The doctors thought it was either seizures or migraines but I've never had either before or since. The common thread is stress. I know it's really really scary when it's happening, and Def. See a doc to rule out anything else but hopefully you can take solace in knowing others have gone thru the same and it never happened again. Easier said than done but try to de-stress in any healthy way possible.

how bas was your head injury??