I've been experiencing bizarre and seemingly irregular sensations for some time now, a matter of years in fact, in which I suddenly become dizzy, feel a mild tingle in my extremities, lose my vision ever so slightly (my sight begins to fade to black, something that does sometimes happen completely when I stand up too quickly - occasionally resulting in blackout, dizziness and loss of balance), feel I'm about to vomit or need to do so and usually this feeling sort of spreads down my torso and the need to vomit is replaced by the need to urinate.

It seems to me, when written down like that, that some of it might be blood pressure related (?) but I have doubts as to whether it might be psychosomatic: when I first experienced it, when I was at school, an obscure jingle from a tv show I'd once seen popped into my head and seemed to trigger it. This attachment or trigger always seemed to precede these odd turns and so I assumed for a while I might just be going a bit funny in the head and ignored them (never a good approach to health issues, I now realise). I was also diagnosed with clinical depression over 7 months ago, further leading me to suspect it might be a manifestation of that illness - looking back on my life, I'm unsure how long I've been this depressed... though I don't think it will have been for the whole duration of this ailment.

They seemed to decrease in frequency and intensity and they stopped for about 7 months, but now they're back and they're reaching their peak levels again. I stopped taking my prescribed anti-depressants and Pronanolol Hydrochloride (prescribed for stress related twitches - or something or other - which I think have since ceased anyway) out of laziness and apathy so I don't think the medication was responsible for the gap in the episodes.

I'm in my early 20's, don't do much exercise, sleep is erratic at the moment due to studies (but hasn't always been so whilst suffering), diet is probably insufficient (but wasn't always so whilst suffering).

I do intend to take this issue up with the doctor when I finally feel I can commit to starting and finishing my course of anti-depressants and go to renew my prescription.

For the time being... any suggestions or attempted diagnoses?

Thanks.

The symptoms that you mentioned on your first paragraph are suggestive of hypotension and hypoglycemia. You can check your blood pressure and blood glucose yourself over the course of the day using monitors available at the drug stores. Anorexia and bulimia are common causes of hypotension and hypoglycemia. I suggest that you start eating nutritious food to bring yourself to an acceptable body weight. Regular physical exercise and an active social life can help alleviate your depression.

I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia when I was a young child. In my teen years I had only a handful of episodes of dizziness, vision fading... etc... what you described to a T. It's been probably 10 years since i've had any of those symptoms until just 2 weeks ago and again Tonight. Both times in the last two weeks I had been drinking alcohol. Two weeks ago I had drank about 5 beers (cinco de mayo) which is way below my usual tolerance level of a 12 pack before puking :-) That night, I stumbled out side to go to the bath room, almost blacked out. I've always been able to maintain my conciousness, although Tonights almost overwhelmed me. Tonight, I had drank just 2 beers and the symptoms of Hypoglycemia were extremely prevelant. I am quiting drinking for a few months to see if there is some link to alcohol and the symptoms. I am extremely active doing hiking, rock climbing, mt biking... everything really. My blood pressure is better than average and I am of good health. Although I did suffer from some depression last year, and i've been under a TON of stress lately with running my own company, attending college... it's tough.

Hi, My name is Caitlyn and I am 15 years old. I have not been diagnosed by a doctor but am 99.9% I have hypoglycimia. I Am experiencing exactly what you described in your first paragraph. I just had an episode less than 5 minutes ago. I seem to hear and see things when I am experiencing this vertigo like feeling, but Maybe I'm just phyco haha :-D ...anyways, I always find it helpful to move a little bit before standing up, and also I find that the longer I sit still, the worse I feel upon standing. Try no tot sit for long periodes of time. This along with regular eating habits should make you feel a little better. I can't say it will go away because mine sure didn't, it did make it more endurable though. Hope I helped!

Actually, these symptoms that you mentioned are also associated with anemia as well. I have iron deficiency anemia and I have symptoms like these occasionally. 

Hi I hope you receive this message as it is an old post but I'm surprised no one has mentioned temporal lobe epilepsy to you. I have tbis and the part where you explain the jingle popping into your head as a trigger is the give away to me that this could be temporal lobe seizures. You remain conscious wifh this type of seizure they are called partial seizures. They cause dizziness, a feeling of sudden nausea, and an urge to urinate. But a very unique feature of these seizures is that at the start of the attack (aura) memories either real, imagined or a dream come into your head causing deja vu. I thought I had ptsd becauae these memories seemed to trigger the episode. Temporal lobe is responsible for memory so it makes sense. Please research temporal lobe epilepsy! I never knew it existed until I Googled my symptoms after a really bad episode. I'd been told my episodes were due to anxiety since aged 6. At 29 I requested a neurologist referral when things got worse and my eeg showed epileptic activity in my right temporal lobe.