I was diagnosed with epilepsy when I was probably around 6 or 7. I didnt really know what it was untill I was around 10 maybe. Usually as a child (from what my mother told me) I would get queasy and zone out for a bit, but not much more. I have absence seizures... I think. Apparently I could be perfectly normal sometimes, and nobody could tell I was having a seizure. For example, from the EEG I had when I was a kid, apparently I had a seizure during the exam, but I was perfectly concious and talking while it happened. Probably around grade 8 or so, I started to realize when I was having a seizure, it would last for a split second, and I would get a bad deja vu feeling (which I heard is somewhat common) and really queasy, but never throw up. Sometimes I would get a bit dizzy. Those attacks that I am actually aware don't really happen at regular intervals, they could happen 4 times a day, then not again for a month. For the last few years almost, I maybe recall about 2 of those incidents. I thought I may have outgrown it because most children do. I had an EEG scheduled for June, but I couldnt make it for personal reasons, and it has been rescheduled, not sure when though. However, recently when I wake up, that horrible feeling of not really knowing where I am, and I'm in my bedroom, and then realizing this familliar feeling as a seizure, and then becomming queasy, has been happening almost everyday for the past 5 days. I haven't really had that experience in a year or so, so it was actually a bit scary when it started. I'm just wondering why that is? Why does it seem to come and go, and is this normal to happen? I am not on any meds, because my mom didnt want me on stuff with hormones or something, i dont know. Im almost 18, and don't usually have a trigger, or so the doctor said along time ago. However I usually noticed the lights were bright most of the times, but not flashing. Any input?

Ps: I have been under severe stress in the last 3 years, due to losing everything my family owned among other stuff, and my mood swings are very.. well.. bipolar. Is that also normal?

Stressful life events can be a trigger for epilepsy. Epilepsy may also be a symptom of roundworm infection (visceral larva migrans) if you are around cats or dogs. Google "toxocariasis" for more information. Maybe it is time you see your doctor again.

I plan on going back to my child neurologist as well, and Ive lived with cats all my life. Right now I have one, but at most I have had 5 cats and 7 ferrets lol, I'll look that up, thanks. However I wasnt stressed as a child, so is it possible that I'm having some sort of a relaps?

Hi there,
Visceral larva migrans is caused by worms (parasites) that infect the intestines of dogs and cats. Eggs produced by these worms are just in the feces of the animals, the feces mixes with soil, witch is allowing the infection to spread to humans.
Humans get sick if they eat unwashed raw vegetables that grew in the infected soil but also if they eat raw liver. Since they can't reproduce in humans, they wander throughout the body, invading the heart (causing myocarditis) and the CNS (causing seizures).
Young children with pica (a disorder involving eating inedible things such as dirt and paint) are at highest risk, but this infection can also occur in adults.

Here is a little info I was able to find. I hope that this can explain things a little bit more.

Thanks guys, but I really dont think thats the cause. Wouldn't that cause like, grande mal seizures?

That's sort of what I was thinking as well. When are you going to meet with your neurologist? I'd like to hear how it goes because your situation sounds a little unusual. Let me know what you find out, okay?

haha, I had my EEG in November 2009, and nothing showed. It was so weird. I hadn't had a seizure in a while. I have had a few since then, but not many. I did go through a phase when for 3 nights, I would constantly wake up being queasy from a seizure, like 10 times during the night.. I went to camp this summer, and think I had one... but really havent had alot since about... March...