I would like to know the side effects of this drug if any ?

Health Advisor
Hello! I was using Toprol for my high blood pressure among other hypertension drugs and it’s been quite an adventure finding a proper hypertension drug. I hade side effects from almost any and none of them actually helped me control my problem.
In the end, I ended up with hydrochlorothiazide from which I also experienced some side effects but they went away soon after or I got used to them, I don’t know. In either way, this drug definitely does its job.

Back to the Toprol, it was the first drug I used, so I remember that I had constant headaches that I could not get rid of and I developed constipation. My doc tried with dosage adjustment but that didn’t help either.

I remember talking to my friend who also used this drug and she told me she was constantly tired and couldn’t do any hard physical work but that is the most common side effect of all beta blockers.

The thing with Toprol is that it would interact with many other drugs and products, so you always need to consult your doctor on anything.

What have you been prescribed Toprol for? I am sure that there are many side effects listed for this drugs like those severe that needs immediate doctor’s intervention like all drugs have….developing rash, problems breathing, etc

The side effects listed on prescription information for this drug are:

dizziness, light headedness, drowsiness, tiredness, diarrhea, unusual dreams, trouble sleeping or vision problems as you adjust.

toporol reduces blood flow to hands/feet and they may become cold.

side effects to warn your doctor about:

symptoms of a very slow heartbeat (persistent dizziness, fainting, unusual fatigue), bluish discoloration of the fingers and toes, numbness, tingling, or swelling of the hands and feet, decreased sexual ability, reversible hair loss, mental/mood changes, trouble breathing, coughing, unexplained or sudden weight gain, increased thirst and urination.

allergic reaction symptoms: easy bruising/bleeding, persistent sore throat or fever, yellowing skin or eyes, stomach pain, dark urine, persistent nausea or rash, itching, swelling, severe dizziness, truble breathing.

I personally only got feeling less energetic out of this drug, but i usually get lots of side effects from drugs.