Recently I read something about skin disorder called harlequin ichthyosis. When I saw the photos of that poor baby who are born with this awful disease, I was terrified. Can somebody explain to me who is possible to get harlequin ichthyosis. Is it some kind of defective gene that causes harlequin ichthyosis?

Yes, mutations in the ABCA12 gene cause harlequin ichthyosis. This condition is inherited. Harlequin ichthyosis only occurs when both parents carry the same defective gene. Two copies of the defective gene must be inherited to have the disorder. The chances of this are very small, one in a million. Most children with harlequin ichthyosis die within a few days of birth

saying that its a one in a million chance doesn't reassure most i was born w/ out a thyroid gland and that too is a one in a million chance so see it doesn't matter