I have a friend with very strange skin type. When I asked him why he looks like that, he tried to explain that to me. Unfortunately, I did not understand much, which is why I need your opinion. He said he suffers of ichthyosis, which is described as skin disorder. Now I want you to explain me what causes ichthyosis, so I would appreciate anything you could tell me.

Ichthyosis is skin disease that is rare in urban population. It is not clearly known what exactly cause ichthyosis, but there are several risk factors. The list of possible underlying conditions mentioned in various sources as possible causes of ichthyosis includes many different causes. First, there are certain genetic disorders, because ichthyosis is often called an inherited genetic condition. Some cases of leprosy, lymphoma, AIDS, and hypothyroidism could also cause ichthyosis as a symptom. Ichthyosis as a symptom is common situation and it may be potential underlying causes of ichthyosis. The conditions listing ichthyosis as a symptom include eczema, refsum disease and some other problems. There may be many causal factors for ichthyosis causes, as with all medical conditions. There are at the beginning, some risk factors for ichthyosis, as well as medications that may cause this problem. There is contagiousness for ichthyosis, genetics of ichthyosis, and underlying causes so you can see the list of causes is quite long.