Hello, folks. I am interested in something and I came here hoping to find the answer. I would really like to know what to do if there is a family history of hypophosphatasia. Can anyone help me with this? I would really appreciate if anyone could tell me something more about this.

Hi, there. Hypophosphatasia is a genetic disorder. Here, there is an impairment of bone and teeth mineralization. ALPL gene mutations are responsible for this. This condition is inherited autosomal recessively. It means that both parents can have “bad” gene, but do not show signs. A child must inherit both “bad” genes in order to manifest this disorder. I guess you passed your bone and teeth mineralization process, so you can be calm. If you are asking for your kid, it would be better to visit your nearest health center. Ask there where you can do genetic test to determine whether your kid has hypophosphatasia or not. Good luck!