Do you believe in love at first sight?

Is it really possible that an individual can simply look at another person, without the benefit of conversation, information, reactions, etc. and determine that this is the person who was born to be with them. I don't think so....This person is often referred to as "the one." What exactly is the attraction. I believe that it's got to be a totally visual thing. This would imply that the person simply appeals to your visual preferences. Those things will fade, so would the person stop being "the one?" when the visual appeal goes away? Here's a logical approach. If there is only one specific person on earth that was put here just for each of us and no one else, what happens when we don't marry "the (right/true) one?" That would mean that our wrong partner didn't marry their true "one," which would mean that their true "one" is with the wrong one. So, are we all pretty much with the wrong one, because there's really only one right "one?" This can't be true. I believe that the "one" is the one who has the same commitment to the relationship that you do. Commitment to love for one another, love for others, and respect for one another as you move toward acommon purpose is what keeps people happy and together. It's not perfection and the work hasn't been done for us already, which is what "the one" implies. So, to those who think that they will never find "the one." Look in front of you. The people that you have the most in common with are usually right in front of you, because you know them. Unfortunately, most people are hopping from place to place, looking for that feeling that they have found/seen "the one." Feelings are dangerous, especially if they are operating in the dark.

Everyone is different, how's that for a generic answer! True though, there are so many stories of people seeing a person from across the room and then claiming they will marry that person, only to find out that person is completely wrong for them or a complete psycho (for lack of a better term). Remember, you are always marrying a belief system - rather than just a person. You are marrying who they, what they believe in, their past experiences, etc.

Whether I believe in love at first sight or not has nothing to do with its existence. If it happens for you and you believe it is so, then it is.

Love at first sight also has nothing to do with a person being "the one". I believe those are two separate issues.

i believe 'lust at first sight' sound more appropriate!, unless you can live without sex (: people often abuses the meaning of 'love and lust'.

I really agree with the love vs lust thing. It's lust at first site...It's the eye candy thing that looks soooo sweet. Even if you don't know what's inside of the candy, you want it because it appeals to the visual sense. Sure, it can work if the two people are committed, but not because it started out as love. You can make anything last, good or bad, if you are committed. That doesn't mean that it should last. What do you think?

I really think that this is possible. But again this can only deflect on external look of person. Until you talk to someone and really get to know him, you can not really be in love with him. I believe in love at first site but I'm not sure that this is the real love, love that can lest really long. I have had several of these, but non of them have lasted too long. Important thing for me is that person fits me as in mental also in physical look.

I don't personally believe in love at first site but I do believe in lust at first site.
How could anyone possibly "love" someone when they know absolutely nothing about them!? I don't know. I just find it ridiculous.

It could be called then a crush. :-) I think this would describe this way better.
It is hard to love someone just regarding the looks, like I said you need to know person much better to fall in love with her.

I agree with this more than anything. I would be very anxious and wary if someone said they loved me from the first time they met me. Attracted to me, sure. But love? Eeek.

If a realtionship started up and blossomed into a beautiful union and the guy/girl then confesses and said "i loved you from the moment i saw you" that's one thing, but if you just meet a guy/girl and the "L" word comes out............RUN

Like run as fast as you can. :-)
Well looking at all of these posts here, I think that LOVE word is being misused in a lot of cases. And I don't think in lie, but people often don't know the meaning of love. Love is a word that you need to tell only to once that you really love.

WEll I think that's what they mean when they say love at first sight though. I have gotten along with people instantly, but later on it hasn't worked out very well so I'd say that it's not a good way to determine if you're going to get along with someone or not...