I am a member of a local chess club and there is one person there who plays chess brilliantly but who is apparently schizophrenic. I was hoping to get some more information about schizophrenic through this website. One of the things I would really like to know is whether all schizophrenics are more prone to suicidal thoughts?

Very much so. I recently read a study that claimed four out of ten schizophrenic people attempt suicide during one of their schizophrenic episodes. The good news is that, with the right treatment, schizophrenic peopler can live normal and fulfilled lives, free from hallucination! The problem is that many schizophrenics refuse to take meds on occasion, thus triggering suicidal episodes.

Hi there,
Considering that schizophrenia is very complicated condition ones life can be affected by many things. For instance he can might have problems to keep friend and to communicate appropriately with others. Schizophrenic people have issues with anxieties and depression. However suicidal thoughts are also noticed with patients who suffer from schizophrenia. Have you noticed any behavioral problems with him in any way? You have to understand that schizophrenia people need medication and therapy all the time. You should also know that antipsychotics medication is used by schizophrenic people. I don’t know if this man uses any kind of this medication as his regular treatment method. I hope this helped you a bit.
All the best,
Danella