Hi. I had a few psychotic episodes in the past 5 years, and now they have become more frequent. I am having hallucinations and delusions. I hear voices and I see things which are not real. My behavior is kind of a regressive. I am not seeing my friends the way I used to. I feel pressure and I just wanna be left alone. Could I be schizophrenic?

Hi. Regressive behavior, delusions, hallucinations, etc, these could be the symptoms of schizophrenia (disorganized type). My brother was diagnosed with schizophrenia when he was 28 years old and I will probably become schizophrenic myself. Anyway, it doesn`t have to mean you are schizophrenic if you see things or hear voices in your head. This is a form of psychosis, but many people have psychotic episodes in their lives. They could be caused by stress, or unusual brain chemistry. Genetic predisposition also plays its` role. Also, auditory hallucinations alone are more likely to be a symptom of schizophrenia.