Hi, folks. I know that most of the patients with schizophrenia have only one or two episodes in their lives. However, I wonder if acute stress is the trigger for a new schizophrenic episode. I would really like to know something more about this. Thank you in advance for all your help.

Hi, there. Stress is only one of the triggers for a new schizophrenic episode. It has been shown that low stress in families reduces risks for schizophrenia appearance later in life. Some drugs can also trig new episode. But, you are right. If one takes a therapy regularly, then there is a great chance for only one or two psychotic episodes in his whole life. I am sorry I don’t know more details. You should consult a psychiatrist if you are interested in more details. Good luck with all. Bye!

Nah dont be alarmed man schizophrenia is such a total different illness. If you have panic attacks and anxiety you feel you are going out of your head thats one of the symptoms of anxiety. But schizo is somthing completely different. The main reason that a person can become schizo is a genetic heredity from his family.

regards from malta