Hey people.,
You have a great site here… I have one question. I have a girlfriend for one year now. We’re quite serious lately and few days ago I spent a weekend in her apartment. I found this medicine, called zyprexa. I have no idea what zyprexa
is and what is used for. Anyone heard for this medicine?

Zyprexa is medicine, used usually for the treatment of schizophrenia. Your girlfriend might be using zyprexa for maintenance of treatment response in schizophrenia or for treatment of acute mania associated with bipolar I disorder. I found it strange that after one year relationship you haven’t noticed changes in her behavior.
Anyhow, zyprexa are medications, used for “controlling” mental illness- they treat the symptoms of psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia. Doctors say that Zyprexa may help patients relieve symptoms so they feel better and as the schizophrenic symptoms improve, patient is much more able to start getting life on the “right” track.
Zyprexa can be used on the long run- for a long term treatment. Comparing to some other older conventional antipsychotics zyprexa has some benefits in controlling positive symptoms, such as hallucinations or delusions and negative symptoms, such as social withdrawal, which are very often symptoms of schizophrenia.
I really hope I helped you and I hope that didn’t scare you away from your girlfriend!!!
First thing you should do now is find some more about schizophrenia and especially talk about that with your girlfriend.