I am trying to help my brother as much as I can, he is 33 year sold and suffers from schizophrenia. I assume that he is already receiving a treatment that will help him, but isn’t there something else I could do? What is the best clinic for dealing with schizophrenia in Europe?

It is quite normal for you to feel protective about your brother, but you have to realize that he is most likely already receiving the best possible treatment, including the drugs neuroleptics and sometimes hospitalization. Although, time in hospital is needed only if the schizophrenic episodes are serious. Of course, your family can always ask for a second opinion, perhaps you can try with Gerson Lehrman group, I think they have branches in Europe too.

Hi there,
Having schizophrenia can be very disturbing for anybody, but relatives can be affected by the problem as well because you are close and suffer also from his condition as well in a way that you can’t do much to help. It is really good to hear that you are doing your best to help your brother by trying to find the best clinic. I don’t live in Europe so I am not sure what do they have there. Does your brother uses any kind of psychotic medication right now? You should ask about behavioral therapies in the clinics and see how they treat their patients. I hope this helped in any way.
All the best,
Danella