I know very well schizophrenia is devastating brain disorder and the most common and disabling of the severe mental illnesses. I know that because one cousin of mine had schizophrenia while he was still alive. Now I am 35 years old mother and I have child. Since I know it could appear in families, I would like to know something about first symptoms that I should take care with my child. I am really worried for my daughter, she is 14 years old now and I have noticed some strange behave.

First what I have to tell you is that you shouldn’t mix schizophrenic symptoms with puberty. All teenagers are a little bit strange with problematic behave in this ages, so you shouldn’t be worried immediately. People with schizophrenia often suffer of symptoms such as hearing internal voices that others can’t heard. They also believe that someone read their minds or control their thoughts, and those symptoms might leave them fearful and withdrawn. First symptoms of schizophrenia typically emerge in young people in their teens or twenties. In rare cases schizophrenia can appear in childhood. Symptoms including hallucination, delusions, disordered thinking, unusual speech or behavior and social withdrawal impair the ability to interact with others. Social withdrawal was observed by everyone, most commented that their relative had been a good person never causing any trouble. Excessive fatigue and sleepiness or an inability to sleep also might be symptoms of schizophrenia. Inabilities to concentrate or cope with minor problems are symptoms too and if you notice some of those, talk to her and visit the doctor.

Please i need an urgent help. It seens an suffering from schizophrenia from reading your brief statement. But mine the problem is, when i am talking my mouth is shaking leaving me feeling quilt and shy. Please guide me for proper medication.