I have been having pain just below the rib cage for quite some time. I have had a few tests ordered by my doctor but he has been unable to find anything and I am getting pretty worried because something is happening that is for sure. The pain is worse when I stretch and sometimes gives me problems with breathing. Can anyone help? Thank you

Hi! I have the exactly same problem. When I would bend, the pain would aggravate. I thought it was my H. pylori problem that I have had for a long time but no ulcers or anything wrong was found. My friend who studies medicine told me that such pain that is aggravated by stretching or movement could be muscular pain and that I should mention it to my doc. I am having an appointment next week and I will do that.

Betty wrote:

[/quote I HAVE THE SAME PAIN] WHEN I STRECTH OR WHEN IDRIVE AND I TURN TO LOOK OVER MY LEFT SHOULDER. THE PAIN LAST FOR A MINUTE OR SO.

Betty wrote:

[/quote I HAVE THE SAME PAIN] WHEN I STRECTH OR WHEN IDRIVE AND I TURN TO LOOK OVER MY LEFT SHOULDER. THE PAIN LAST FOR A MINUTE OR SO. :P 8) :)

This sound like a condition known as parietal pleuracy. The pleura is the lining that covers the inside of you rib cage. The visceral pleura lines and cover the lungs. If one of these serous membranes become inflamed, stretching and deep breathing can be incredibly painful. Most cases subside in a matter of days but some require treatment with muscle relaxants(i.e., cyclobenzaprine or Flexeril) or anti-inflammatories(i.e., Meloxicam or Mobic)