I have been feeling for the last couple of weeks slight pain in left side rib cage.  It has been coming and going.  Today it was worse.  It scared me.  When I press the ribs I do not feel pain.  I am a little heavy and when sitting I can feel pain in a certain spot.  I have been diagnosed with rhymatoid arthitis and Platelets.  Not sure if this is related.  Will go to doctor if this persists.  Anyone have the same symtoms?  Thanks.

Hello there,

Well, maybe there is certain connection between rheumatoid arthritis and pain in the rib cage, but this is just guessing. If the pain persists the best thing you can do is to see your doctor. Maybe you have hurt yourself during some exercising or something else. Anyhow, if the pain gets even worse your doctor will send you to the X-ray to see if there is some injury that needs to be treated. My aunt has been diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis few years back and she is pretty good handling the symptoms, and I can tell you only that you need to stay active as long as possible because that will help you to reduce the pain.

I'm experiencing the same ... pain on the left upper rib. I have a cervical spondylosis. i think that pain goes with your sickness.