I have been experiencing a burning pain in my right rib cage over the past 2 days. The pain is not constant & the right rib area where the pain occurs is not tender to the touch. I will get this wave of pain/ burning every 5 min. or so, it extends around to the mid back area. Any thoughts are appreciated.

If you are having a wave of pain like that it could be something like an inflamed appendix or something like that. I don't quite know what it is but the wave of pain is really not a good sign. I think it would be a good idea to talk to a doctor about this as soon as possible because if it is somethin glike an appendix then you could actually go into sepsis and get really sick. Can you let us know when you go to the doctor how it goes for you? Thanks!

It may be your gall bladder acting up if the pain is directly below your rib cage.
If so do not put off going to the doctor for a check up. Your gall bladder can become enlarged and infected making the recovery time last longer.

KariB I'm not totally sure of this so correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the gallbladder on the left side of the body? I'm only asking because I thought that's where it is...

I just searched gall bladder attack symtoms to make sure I was correct.
The web site I went to said the pain would occur on your right side.
I thought I was correct since my Father just had an attack and surgery for this last year.
Maybe you should do a search on gall bladder attack symptoms.

healthfitnessguy-

By the way....when I had my appendix removed quite some time ago the pain and scar from the surgery were/are much farther down, more in the area of my lower stomach, than at my rib cage. Thoughts?

My understanding is that the pain that you can have from appendicitis can be anywhere on the right side of the body but isn't always in the gut. I think that if you have had actual experience with it though that we should always defer to what you say because you have the actual real-life experience! Thanks for letting me know.