Hi, I am a 21 year old female. I been having nausea off and on since May. For over a year I been having discomfort in my stomach, but starting in August, I been getting pain under my rib cage and right in the middle of my stomach. The pain in my stomach pulsates. When I lay down I see my stomach pulsating and feel it. When I stretch, turn to the side, or work out it hurts more and I get more nauseated. Also, when I eat the pain and nausea gets greater. My mom thinks it can be from constipation or acid reflux. My dad thinks maybe I pulled something and I really don't know what to think. I just want some answers. I had a Gastric Emptying Test, HIDA Scan, and a CT-Scan in August and September which all came back normal. My WBC came up a little high same with my BUN. I don't know what else to try. I dropped out of school this semester. I am not working, and it's affecting my social life and my parents are upset because I am not in school and doctors don't know what other options to try. Doctors think it's either stress or (IBS) but I heard (IBS) pain is lower my pain is under my ribs. I would like to know if this pain and pulsating and extreme nausea all can be caused by stress like they say. I just need another opinion or suggestions I can maybe address to my doctor that can maybe finally give me a answer to this throbbing pain. Should I still be seeing a GI doctor or should I maybe see a neurologist? Also, I have (PCOS) not sure if cyst on my ovaries can be an issue here. Another thing is sometimes my pulse is a little high and I feel irritable, not sure if this could be a sign of anything either. Please get back to me. Thank you.

Can anybody offer advice or share similar symptoms?  I have very bad cramps under my right rib cage going around to my back, not a pain as such, just an extreme hot cramp which is pretty much permanent. Cramp feeling goes down to my groin. Have had ct scan, ultrasound and blood tests and all okay. Feels like a golf ball is getting squeezed under my rib cage. No fever but loss of appetite. Such an uncomfortable feeling. Part of the ct scan results stated There is no significant para aortic lymphadenopathy. Multiple diverticula are noted in the sigmoid colon.  There is no evidence of diverticulitis. Gas is noted in L4/L5 intervertebral disc in keeping with degeneration. I am taking buscopan and amoxicillin for diverticula but cramps are continuous always in same place under right rib cage to right of belly button. Am seeing consultant on Tuesday but would appreciate any help and guidance please. This is driving me crazy and affecting relationship with wife. No chest pain but dull ache in back right shoulder at top of shoulder. A bit shakey but that’s probably down to not eating! Help!

Zantac will help! I had this pain last night along wit nausea and never threw up! and felt like I was gonna die. I kept telling my mom i just needed to puke and i was right. It was a type of indigestion and heartburn or from scarfing down really bad food after not eating all day, like me, which is really bad for you! This helped me and I puked it all up and feel back to myself!

Did you ever find out the cause of this? I had it horribly when I was your age until about 30. I was told it was gas, constipation and other stupid answers. The pain is excruciating and I actually lost my appendix over it and it turned out to be a perfectly healthy appendix. So frustrating!!!