Discomfort on left side of stomach below rib cage, mostly when i m sitting...i feel as if something is bulging out. but nothing is. I m not constipated. Bowel movement are regular. i also have pain in my lower back and feels very tired...am not pregnant too for sure. Actually i has CT Scan done for some other problem for neck and chest and was told that i have enlarged lymph nodes, after many repeated tests and all, i have been told to get biopsy, to rule out lyphomia. Now all of sudden i am feeling this discomfort in left side of stomach and back pain, so i m concerned if it could be all related? please advice....

Hi Kashi, did you find out what is your problem?

Hi Kashi, is your problem solved? I'm 35, male and I have the exact same discomfort at the left side below my rib cage ..... it has been with me for about 8 months and it is driving me crazy. I hope to learn from you, have you got any answers or solutions already?

I think I have the same problems as you have described, but I usually get this discomfort after I eat dinner (I haven't been bothered with it during the day after I eat breakfast or lunch) but in the evening is usually when I get it. It seems to go away in a matter of time, but I'm not sure why it is recurring (almost to a schedule). I even tried eating less at meals, thinking it might have been something to do with not disgusting right... but I don't see that that is it. I don't have problems going to the bathroom either. I also seem to be more bothered with it when I am sitting (but can still feel a slight discomfort when standing).

pls have your triglycerides level check by usual blood examination..include also sugar and cholesterol.
sometime high triglycerides can cause this which can be lowered by medication.

hi....i think if you are getting the pain after eating,i would get you're doctor to check for pancreatitis.this can cause left abdominal and left back pain!!
good luck.

I have all these symptoms too! I had tests and it turns out to be a Hiatus Hernia! A hole or gap in the diaphram where some of your stomach slides up into it, which is why it hurts after eating and sitting makes it worse! I also have shortness of breath after eating. It feels like it's buldging out and sometimes it grabs almost like a contraction, it's very painful! My doc thinks I might need surgery!

hey i have the same feeling i wanted to go to the ER to find out cause its really bothering me and getting annoying. My aunt said it could be a broken rib that doesnt hurt just feels uncomfortable.

hi ..Ive been suffering with the same as you for more than 2 years..have had scans etc and were normal have been on omeprazole for a long time and did no good ...I HAVE FOUND WHAT I THINK IS OUR PROBLEM there is a major muscle just below our left ribcage and I suspect we are lacking magnesium and calcium because calcium and magnesium allow our muscles to expand and contract . In the daily mail newspaper today (1-2-12) apparently omeprazole or PPI s can reduce the uptake of calcium ..so the pills I have been on for years have been the cause of the worsening pains ..unfortunately for me I have found this out too late and my hip joints are worn away. but I hope this helps you and others ..ive stopped the omeprazole now and am going to find a pysio that will be able to help with the muscle side of things and am going to get magnesium and a calcium supplement ..oh by the way Im female and 50..

hello kashi,

i have the same experience like you except that i only experience it when i sat down. the feel for me is not there when i stand up. i have seen a doctor and i was told that i have IBS

Hi, I have had almost identical symptoms-discomfort under lower rib cage (but even up into my breast area and a tingling sensation in the left arm), a bulging feeling, lower back pain, feeling very tired. It is worst when I sit or lay down, especially at night. My doctor put me on omeprazole but I have seen no results. I have had an x-ray, ultrasound and even seen a gastro. Still no answers. Another odd symptom is that it is uncomfortable to wear a bra. Very strange. If anybody has answers please let me know!

very good reply

Hi All I have a Hernia as well and have experienced this same discomfort on and off for a couple of years now. I suffer from heartburn/indigestion quite badly and whenever I go through periods when my heartburn is bad this pain is more prominent. I can go weeks or months without any discomfort but as soon as I start getting heartburn again from eating then the issue comes back!

Hlymorris, I've had the same experience, bra discomfort, x-rays, gastro...the whole nine. Everything except the fatigue, tingling in arm, and ultrasound. No medication prescribed. Still searching for answers. I hope things worked out for you.